Powered by Blogger.

RAKS and TAGS

Hey everyone! Hope your weekend is going fabulously! I was tagged a few days ago by Linda, so I thought I'd pop in and play today. I also am posting some fabulous RAKs I've rediscovered in my messy studio that I forgot to share with y'all.

1. Name your two favorite scrapbooking topics? I don't scrapbook...not even a little. But when I look at other people's pages, I really enjoy the autobiographical ones.

2. What are the two best places you've been to? We don't travel much, so this is a hard one. I guess I'll go with the two major vacations we've taken in the last 10 years - St. Thomas and Las Vegas.

3. Name two things you do every day? Check my email and pray.

4. Tell us two things that everyone pretty much knows about you? I make cards and am married to a fabulous guy!

5. Two places you wish to visit? DisneyWorld and The Statue of Liberty.

6. Two things you may not know about me are: I am really good at Boggle, so no one likes to play with me even though it's my favorite game. I love jigsaw puzzles.

7. Two nicknames you've had at some time in your life: Pookduke (my mom called me this when I was younger, I have no idea why. I didn't mind it until one day I was in a store and heard someone calling for Pookduke. I quickly put the kabosh on that nickname!!!). My other nickname is Jewels (only my closest friends are allowed to call me this - I'm pretty particular about not using nicknames).

8. Name two of your favorite drinks? It changes all the time, but Mr. Pibb always stays at the top of my list when it's available. I also like the occasional Mojito.

9. What are two interesting (in a good or bad way) jobs you've had in your life? Office Manager for a wholesale tree farm (not terribly exciting, but an industry I had no familiarity with and always kept me hopping). Graphic Designer for a corporate events & meeting planning company.

10. What are two things you would like to learn? How to watercolor and how to cook.

11. What two things would make your scrapping/stamping work space work even better for you? Furniture!!! I use a broken down old cheap desk, in which all the drawers are broken and a folding table. And better organization (which would be made possible by new furniture! LOL).

12. What are two of your best organizational tips for stampers that do not have a lot of space? Go up, not out! One of my favorite things in my stamp room is a little $10 shelf I placed on my table that gave me three times the space for storing things and still left everything at my fingertips. I also use a vinyl over the door shoe holder to store your punches - it keeps them all in one place and saves valuable space elsewhere in the room for my other toys!

13. And the question I am adding is..... What are your two favorite stamping toys? Right now I'm totally smitten with my Nestabilities dies. They make layering so easy! My other favorite toy right now is Liquid Pearls. I just love how it looks on cards!

Okay, now that I'm done with my answers, I'm supposed to tag two people to answer the above questions and then to also add a question of their own. The only requirement is that the question must be in twos. So, in honor of the fact that she's back in blogville, I'm tagging Dana and I'd also love to hear Sherrie's answers.

So now, I'll share my fabulous happy mail with you...

The first card is from Charmaine - an adorable little one layer thank you card that is simple perfection. I love the colors, and the little ribbon treatment on the side has me itching to try that as an accent on one of my next cards. Thanks Charmaine - love it!

The second card is from Bethany and was for my anniversary. (Yes, I'm really behind on posting this!) I loved this card when I saw it on her blog, and then my jaw dropped when I opened the envelope and saw it in person. It's just sparkly, shimmery goodness! All the little details make this one fabulously delightful card. Thanks Bethany!

And the last card is one I missed when I was showing you all the Christmas cards I received. This one cam from Monika, the M.A.D. Stamper and is so pretty, I just had to share it with you. I love the color combo, the fabulous ribbon treatment and the little dot in the center of each snowflake along the top and bottom edges of the card. Thanks Monika!

2 comments

Jennifer Meyer said...

Julee, its always fun to see what people have to say about their tags. LOVE the RAKS, they are all wonderful and creative cards.

Thanks for the sweet comments on my card, it really means a lot.

Have a great week,
Jennifer :)

Tricia T said...

Too funny! No one will play Boggle with me either, and my daughter's nickname is Pookydoo. :) She's now 16, so we don't use it much anymore, but occasionally it still slips. :)