Powered by Blogger.

Oxide Smiles

Hi friends! Today I'm sharing a fun mixed media card I made with couple of the new Distress Oxide colors. Blueprint Sketch and Shaded Lilac were calling my name, so I swiped and spritzed on acetate and smooshed on cardstock and then smooshed some more. A bunch of times, because it's all about the layers!


I also flicked on distress paint in blueprint sketch and white india ink for a fun splattery look.  The sentiment is from Better Together and embossed in white directly on the watercolored panel.  Next I dry brushed some of that blueprint sketch distress paint on cardstock, flicked with white india ink and cut with the Butterfly Dreams Die Set, for a fun matching butterfly.

I'm on a mission to use some of the tote bags full of flowers I've been hoarding over the years, so pulled out a few that happily matched the colors in my project and started layering.  I added a bit of twine, some prima leaves and then filled in with leaves cut with the Butterfly Dreams Die Set.  My final accent was some distressed edges and a bunch of navy pearls from my stash.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I've been taking a bit of a creative break lately, just playing around with new products, but not stressing about creating finished projects. I'm sure there will be a flood of new projects soon, though, because I'm starting to feel creative again.  Hooray!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Better Together (Verve Stamps)
Paper: distress watercolor cardstock (Ranger), white
Ink: blueprint sketch, shaded lilac distress oxide (Ranger), blueprint sketch distress paint (Ranger), white bombay india ink (Dr. Ph. Martin's), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Butterfly Dreams Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), prima flowers & leaves, pearls, linen thread, glitter glue

3 comments

Purple Princess said...

beautiful!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful mixed media card. Love the look and the added touch with the butterfly.

Christine said...

This is so pretty! I treated myself to some oxide inks on President's Day and played around with them a bit. Will have to try the smooching and dragging technique as I love your result. Awesome card!