Powered by Blogger.

Strong Coffee

Hi friends! It's Monday again, and that means it's time to start your week off with a new Mojo Monday sketch.  This one is an easy sketch that's perfect for quick cards and a large sentiment.


It's the start of Spring Break here at our house and so I'll be needing as much strong coffee as possible to keep up with the Energizer Bunnies running around our house!  So for my next card for the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop I chose to use the coffee blessing from the limited time Rise and Shine free digital set I designed for Verve.

I printed the PDF version of the digi on my laser printer, trimmed the sentiment down and added a few Copic highlights.  Next I colored the little flower mug, hand cut it and popped up on top.  I layered some pretty papers, using white mats and thought everything looked a little more fesitve with the two panels skewed.  I finished off with some white ribbon in a double bow and some adhesive pearls for the steam.


I hope you'll play along with the sketch.  For more inspiration with our sketch, please hop on over to the Mojo Monday blog to see what the other designers are sharing. And if you use our digital set, be sure to link up over on the Verve blog as well as on the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop for a couple of chances to win some prizes.

Mojo Monday 490
Enabler's List
Stamps: Rise and Shine digital set (Verve)
Paper: tea party (Craft Smith), white
Ink: Laser printer, Copics
Accessories: ribbon, adhesive pearls, stickles

29 comments

sandie said...

I love the little string of pearls for the steam, hope the coffee gets you through the week, sending energy your way xx

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

What a bright and adorable card! I love the verse and the fancy steam!
May (probably) have to try this sketch!

Stampingcountry said...

Fun card, especially the polka dots!

Raquel SK said...

I really like your card!! It's fun to see Coffee sentiments and I like the contrast of paper patterns you used!

Becca Yahrling said...

Gorgeous papers you used together - they really emote "shine" to me.
Awesome new sketch!

JoAnn said...

Cute card. Love the papers and the cute sentiment.

Joanne said...

So many pretty details, I especially love the steam pearls.

Karen Day said...

A lovely, bright & cheery card! I love the pearls and the pretty double bow :o)

Karen Letchworth said...

This is adorable, Julee! Thank you SO much for the sweet images. I've sure enjoyed working with them. Thanks so much for sharing this in the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Spring Blog Hoo. It's so nice to have you share your talents, and I appreciate the inspiration.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

New Creations said...

Love the pearl stream on this pretty card!

Migdalia said...

Your card is absolutely Gorgeous!! I love the pretty polka dot paper, coffee cup & sentiment. Very Pretty!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Shelly said...

This is so pretty!

Flo said...

Pretty card. Love how you tied that bow. 😍

Purple Princess said...

Love the bright colors!!

Ann said...

Awww, it's like a little spot of sunshine. Love it. I will be posting my card using your super cute digi set you shared with us. I will link up to your site too so you can see it. Thanks again.

Sleepy Stamper said...

Love the bright colors on this card! The sentiment is perfect to send to a friend.

Carmela said...

Love the red and yellow together, Julee. Great card!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Love this card& love this sentiment!

~amy~ said...

Julee, this is PERFECT!!! Love the bright colors!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Julee, I love this bright and perky card! Gorgeous and inspiring!

SewPaperPaint said...

Julee, this is just so pretty! I love your papers and layout and that loopy bow is beautiful. Great ribbon choice! Hugs, Autumn

Christi Flores said...

This is beautiful! Love that bow! Good luck this week! We just had spring break and I barely survived! Haha!

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh so pretty! The pearl steam & the pearl in the flower really add a special touch.

Neha said...

Love this card, Julee! Colors, layout, sentiments...everything is just perfect!

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful and funny card!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful use of the digi gift you gave us all. I love how you used it on your card design. Great layout, sentiment and colors.

Fikreta said...

it's wonderful!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Julee! Thank you so much for sharing this latest freebie with us!

Hetty said...

Oh how could I have missed this one, Julee.
So adorable.