Golden Best

Hi friends!  I'm popping in today with my take on this week's Viva la Verve challenge.  Chaitali's our hostess this week and I loved her fun sketch with the partial circle and the vibrant inspiration photo she chose.



I immediately knew I wanted to use a gold doily, since I recently got some on sale, so I pulled out the doilies and then chose a piece of designer paper from my scraps that reminded me of the photo.  I  used the larger flower stamp from Button Best to stamp on both the large and small die in the Petal Points Die Set.  Then I colored with a blender pen and sponged the edges with strawberry slush ink.  I used the smaller flower stamp to create a background in pumpkin pie and strawberry slush for my sentiment tag.  The butterfly is fromDie Sidekicks and cut with the coordinating All Aflutter Die Set.

I finished off with some gold liquid pearl detailing around the inner portion of my doily and some fun little flower beads I found in the stash. Oh, and I freehand cut some leaves for the flowers out of designer paper, then sketched in some details with an old olive marker.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you're having a fantastic day!
Viva la Verve June Week 3

Enabler's List
Stamps: Button Best, Die Sidekicks (Verve Stamps)
Paper: scraps (MME, Prima), white
Ink: strawberry slush, pumpkin pie, old olive (SU!), black
Accessories: Petal Points Die SetAll Aflutter Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), gold doily (Freckled Fawn), flower beads, gold liquid pearls, stardust Stickles (Ranger)




5 comments

  1. Your card is very pretty; I love the shiny gold doily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had me at doily! LOVE how this is a perfect card for the inspiration photo! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gold doily is A-MA-ZING!! Loved your take on the sketch and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Chaitali said! Gotta get some gold doilies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.

Back to Top