Powered by Blogger.

Smile Sunshine

Hi friends!  It's Friday again and time to get your Viva la Verve! on.  {grin}  This week Laurie is giving us a double dose of inspiration with a sketch + color challenge.  You can play along with the sketch, the inspiration, or both.



I just loved the inspiration photo, particularly the teensy pop of yellow amongst the aqua and navy. Oh, and stripes + polka dots are de-lish!  Anyhow, I decided to start by picking some patterned paper with the same prints, so flipped through some paper pads until I came across the Walnut Grove pad from Pebbles.  I cut the Wavy Heart die from the navy striped paper and the Elegant Leaves die from the yellow patterned paper, then sketched in some lines for the leaves and heart.  Next I pulled out Joyful Blooms and stamped two sizes of flowers and then cut them out by hand and layered on pop dots.  The sentiment is stamped onto a die cut from the Flag It Die Set.  I looped some hemp twine and tucked it behind the whole ensemble.  Next I added some stitching and sketched outlines to my polka dot layer and colored a Freckled Fawn woodcut with a Copic marker and some stardust stickles.  I finished off with a few distressed edges and some black liquid pearls on the flower.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend.  We've got an egg hunt/pizza party with our neighborhood on Saturday and then a day filled with family on Sunday.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Joyful Blooms (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Walnut Grove (Pebbles), cream
Ink: black, copic marker, black pen
Accessories:  Wavy Hearts Die Set, Elegant Leaves DieFlag It Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), liquid pearls, hemptique twine, woodcut (Freckled Fawn), stickles, sewing machine

7 comments

Stacey Schafer said...

Gorgeous! Love everything about it!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love all the details.
Julee, I couldn't find your e-mail address but I wanted to give you a BIG THANK YOU for the beautiful card you sent me and for keeping me & my family in your prayers. God Bless You.
Love, JoAnn B.

Marisa said...

Love the heart, flower, leaf combo! Wishing you a blessed Easter ((hugs))!

Indy's Designs said...

Love it!

Val-Belle said...

I just love this card. So pretty and I love how you matched your papers. THis is one of the things that I find hardest to do. These look wonderful.

Lee-Anne said...

Fabulous mix of papers, Julee! The Joyful Blooms flowers look fab in that pattern!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a gorgeous interpretation of the inspiration photo! Beautiful papers and also love the pop of yellow!