Powered by Blogger.

Brighten

Hi friends!  It's the first Monday of the month and that means it's contest week at Mojo Monday!  Play along with this week's sketch and you just might win some Verve of your very own!  And with Verve's new release this Friday, May 10, there will be even more Verve to choose from if you're one of our winners.  We'll have up to 7 winners, so the more participants the merrier!


My card uses a bunch of old favorites from Verve and that Park Bench paper collection I've been enjoying so much lately.  I stamped and cut out the Notebook Paper Plain Jane, then matted with the Rounded Rectangle Die.  The Fringe Flower Plain Jane is stamped and paper pieced onto the notebook and I pierced the holes in the notebook and loosely wrapped some twine around as binding and tied a bow with a button.  The sentiment is from the Thoughtful Florals set and is cut and matted using the Charming Banner Die Set.  I used the Flag It Die Set for the little chevron flag, attaching it with a mini library clip.

My border uses the Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set and I added a little black on black liquid pearls for a fun texture.  I finished off with some rounded corners and yellow pearls.

That's all for today!  If you haven't already hopped through the Diva Inspirations Hop, it all starts on my post from yesterday.  It's a busy week on the blog this week, so stay tuned tomorrow through Friday for the New Release Spotlight Hops leading up to Verve's May release this Friday, 5/10/13!  See ya tomorrow!

And a little reminder that all of the stamps featured on today's card are on sale through Thursday, May 9.  We've extended our April sale through then!  Hooray for good deals!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Fringe Flower Plain Jane, Notebook Paper Plain Jane, Thoughtful Florals (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Park Bench (Fancy Pants Designs), Black, Cream
Ink: Black, Basic Grey
Accessories:  Charming Banner Die Set, Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set, Rounded Rectangle Die, Flag It Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), Stickles, Liquid Pearls (Ranger), yellow pearls, button, linen thread, paper piercer, corner rounder

17 comments

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, this is sooo pretty Julee. Love the layered flower and the papers. :)

D- said...

Oh my gosh this is beautiful!!
I want to say I have been having a great time playing with my Verve goodies. Thanks again for being a sponsor and for the very generous gift certificate.
I'd like to invite you to check out my May 3rd blog post.
D- dmcardmaker (AOL)
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty. Love the color combo and papers.

Nancy Thomas said...

So very beautiful. I love the color scheme and the layout is so interesting. Definitely need to findn time to play with this sketch.

Marisa said...

Love, love, love this card, Julee!! THe black outlining is stunning as is the mix of papers. Soo excited about this week :)

Rose Curtis said...

love your use of black to make everything pop!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Julee! I adore this color combination and all the sweet patterns you paired together!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous combination of elements and colors! Love it! Can't wait to see the new release!

Judy McMullen said...

Awesome card! Love the fresh color combination and Love the mix of patterned papers!! You inspire me!

Gisela said...

Another stunning card! I like how you use black.

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful!! simply stunning thanks for the inspiration

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Julee, this is fantastic! Fab colors and I love this new sketch :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card, Julee! Love the yellow!!! GREAT looking sketch! Hope to play along this weekend!

Linda Carson said...

Classy!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

I love when a card is so beautiful that I don't know where to begin! The papers are sweet, the flower even sweeter! Why did I pass up that notebook stamp? LOVE.

Ravengirl said...

Gorgeous work Julee!