Powered by Blogger.

A Sprinkling of Presents

Happy Saturday! It's time for another Saturday morning Our Creative Corner challenge, only starting this week I'm officially an OCC Girl! Woohoo!

This week's challenge is in honor of this month's hostess, the fabulous Amy Sheffer. She turns the big 4-0 this week, and her challenge is to make a humorous card to keep her laughing instead of crying. We'd love to have you play along. You'll find all the details, along with samples from the other OCC designers (Amy, Cindy, Dawn, Denise, Jennifer, Laurie, and Lynda), over on the Our Creative Corner blog.

My card uses stamps from the new You Say It's Your Birthday set by The Cat's Pajamas. I started by stamping Sprinkle with her present on an embossed and matted Classic Nestabilities Oval. I then colored her with Copics and added some black dots to the scallops. Next I inked up just the first part of the sentiment and stamped on the yellow-orange strip. I then inked up just the Again! part of the sentiment and stamped on white and placed below the horizontal panel as a little tab. To finish, I stamped the presents across the blue cardstock three times then colored with copics and a white gel pen. It was really a simple card to make, but I love how bold it is.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend. If you're looking for some more weekend stamping fun, be sure to check out the OSW challenge over on the Verve forum. Several lucky winners will receive the new Verve sets that release next week, so be sure to give it a go before time runs out!

22 comments

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just adorable, Julee! Congrats on joining the team! I always LOVE what you create!

Dawn Easton said...

Such a cute card Julee! Always love that saying...haha!
I'm so happy you are staying with us at the OCC!!
Will definitely be working on your OSW challenge today!

Cindy Haffner said...

Hi Julee love your cute card, and so happy you are staying on with us. I got my stamps from you, and i'm hoping to ink them up this week-end. Hugs Cindy.

Jackie Pedro said...

Your card is so cute and I love the sentiment!! Congrats on the permanent OCC gig!!

Shannan Teubner said...

I bought this set just for this sentiment. Love it!!

Ida said...

This turned out great. I love the white accent on the presents.

Anonymous said...

This is too cute and so perfect for Amy's birthday! She'll love this!!

Denise Marzec said...

Welcome to the OCC, Julee!! :)

Bethany Paull said...

Congrats OCC girl. I LOVE the white highlights on your presents. Great colors too.

SparkofWhimsy said...

This card is so cute, Julee! You sure do turn out some pretty cards, and so many of them too!!

Michelle Woerner said...

Yah! Julee! Congrats you OCC girl! How fun is that? I so enjoy my Saturday morning browsing all the creations you and the other OCC gals put together! Hugs, michelle

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO cute! I love the vibrant colors and the detail you put into it...a happy recipient you'll have, I'm sure!

Carin said...

very cute & love the cat!

Jennifer Meyer said...

YEA Julee!!! Welcome to the OCC, we are so happy you are part of the team!

Your card is adorable and I LOVE the fun design!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Sharon in NE said...

Sprinkles!

I just got my sets...may have to ink 'em up today. Thanks for the great ideas!

Anonymous said...

That's exactly my saying every year...LOL!!! Super awesome b-day card!!!

Congrats on becoming an OCC Girl!!!
You are a wonderful addition to these talented ladies!!!

Lynda Benden said...

I am so excited you are on our team Julee!!! You are so very talented and will be such a fabulous addition!! Your card today is just darling ~ LOVE the sentiment ~ hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card/sentiment. Did you know that my kids think that I am 27!!! bwwahahahahah!! They know we were married in 1990 and they think I was born in 1986!! Someday the math is going to catch up to me!! bwwahahahha

squirrellyshirley

Anonymous said...

I love every inch of your design. The details with the White Signo Pen were so insightful!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Congrats on your "official" OCC-ness! I always enjoy seeing what you create. This is way too cute! Love the sentiment! Sprinkles will definitly make Amy smile!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun card Julee! I have an award for you on my blog. Thanks for your inspiration!
smiles,Deena

Janette said...

glad to see you are joining the OCC team- it will be great to see your awesome creations each week!