Powered by Blogger.

Happy Friday

Happy Friday! I'm always just so happy when I make it to the weekend, especially on a release week! I'm not quite sure why, because I usually end up working even longer hours on the weekend playing catch-up. But there's just something so exciting about the possibilities of all that could be accomplished during the weekend that just makes me giddy. :)

So today I bring you a happy card. This one uses the You Say It's Your Birthday set from The Cat's Pajamas. Don't you just love this Cogsmo paper from Cosmo Cricket? It's my most favorite birthday paper - good for boys or girls. The Celebrating Penguin is stamped on a square cut and embossed with the Nestabilities classic squares and then colored with Copic markers. I then stamped the image again on the patterned paper and cut out just the balloon to pop up. I added some dots around the square and then matted with more Cogsmo paper and a thin black mat. The vertical layers are all Cogsmo paper matted with black, and the blue layer is embossed with the Dots & Circles Cuttlebug folder. I stamped the little Happy Birthday sentiment and placed it as a little tab under the image square. Everything is matted on a black card base and I finished off with some diamond glaze & glitter mixture to make the balloon sparkle.

Okay, that's all for now, folks. Have a happy Friday!

14 comments

Pejtoon said...

wow I love this happy card :)
Colours are lovely and .. hm i don't know what to say ... fatastic job!

Sarah Gough said...

awwww, what a cutie! I love the dotting round the nestie square, very cute!

Chrisd said...

Cute, so very cute. This would work for anyone for a birthday surprise card.

Melissa S. said...

i love the color combo on this one. The layout is fun too. I have that embossing plate and I love it, the only problem is that I dont have a machine yet so my hand gets a little tired using the bone folder to do the embossing. Some day I'll get one. Have a nice weeekend. Melissa at ihaveprettierstuff.blogspot.com

Jessica Diedrich said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO stinkin' cute! That penguin set is totally growing on me!

Valerie said...

VERY CUTE! I love the pp that you used and the stamp is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I really love those papers and they look fantastic combined with this stamp!

Cindy

dpkennedy said...

Adorable! I love the sparkly balloon and that fun dp!

Anonymous said...

TEEHEE!! How cute is that penguin?! :P I love it!! ;) TFS!

Christi Flores said...

Oh how cute!!! What a fun, happy card!!

Rhonda Kelly said...

That is a very fun card! I love the colors you used. Great job, thanks for sharing.

Shirley said...

Now he's too cute! He defintely says 'Lets Party'.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

How adorable! Love this penguin!

Heidi said...

This card is awesome, how bright and fun it is! Heidi