Powered by Blogger.

Nugget Box

It's already Monday? I can't believe how fast the weekends go. I always think I'll be able to get a ton of projects accomplished over the weekend, and then Monday morning rolls around and I realize there's no way my goals were even remotely achievable in a 2 day period! Are any of you like that? My father-in-law calls it trying to pack 10 pounds of spuds in a 5 pound sack, and it's kind of a way of life here in our overachiever household. So, while I thought I would be able to make a ton of cards for upcoming birthdays and events, I was only able to find enough time to do the most urgent ones. We spent Saturday evening with the in-laws and then spent Sunday afternoon with my parents, so it was a good weekend, even if I didn't get to stamp as much as I would have liked.

I made this little nugget box to match the birthday card I made for my mom. These boxes are so much fun to make, and I'm so glad Chris Simon did all the work to make the templates of the various sizes available on SCS. I used the 3x4 short template, so the box fits 12 nuggets.

I made the base and top of the box from Rose Red cardstock and then stamped the Both Ways Blossoms stamp randomly on white cardstock and colored with Prismacolors and gamsol. Next I matted on Basic Black and glued to the box cover. I then wrapped a black organdy ribbon around the front cover flap and tied a bow. The little nuggets are just strips of the Palette O Prints paper wrapped around the Hershey's Nuggets chocolate bars and secured with Terrifically Tacky Tape. Easy peasey, but it sure wows the recipient. My mom absolutely loved this box of chocolates and her card.

13 comments

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Your card and nugget box are totally beautiful!! I love the colours and the layout of the card....I even have that stamp set, unopened yet though!! I may have to case that layout....hope you don't mind! I'm sure your Mom loved it!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Gorgeous! I don't know how you did this without eating all the chocolate.

Lori Ballentine said...

Wow! The nugget box is really cool! I have not seen that before, I will be checking out those templates! Beautiful card too, I really like the colors.

Alhambra Club said...

Love your card, that is a great stamp and the colors you used, and as a bonus some chocolate. The box is a great idea, will have to try it.

Michele Kovack said...

This ROCKS! Love this as a gift idea~

Julie S. said...

What a lovely set. Your blog and your work is a favorite with me. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Sherrie said...

I love how they match! What a beautiful gift that I'm sure your mom will love!

Colleen Schaan said...

I just love your card (from yesterday) and today's matching nugget box...how absolutely cool. What a great idea. And thanks for giving us the links. (Even if the card was not your style...it is a Julee creation all the way through...beautiful!

The Closet Fashionista said...

Beautiful, Julee! It's no wonder your mom loved everything - how could she not! Thanks for giving me a good idea for an upcoming gift!

Kimberly

Lisa said...

I think I spy a roomie gift for convention..... I didn't even think about using the POP papers... D'OH!

Dana said...

This is so pretty Julee...I like the size and shape better than any I've seen!

Linda Nicholson said...

Great box Julee! I have yet to even try these nugget boxes (even though I have every intention too). What is that saying about the best made intentions? That's me in a nutshell!

Linda

Diane said...

Oh Julee,that is so sweet! Love the colours,your mom must of love it for sure!