Powered by Blogger.

Hello Wise Men!

Today when I saw the color challenge on SCS was actually colors I would put together, I was so excited to try to find some time to stamp! I'm really behind on getting my 10 Christmas Cards done for January (this is only the 2nd one I made. I'm so happy with how this turned out, but completely frustrated with my lacking photography skills. Probably the fact that we have about two total light bulbs working in our living room and kitchen doesn't help! You can't really tell from the pic, but this baby SHIMMERS in real life!



I started this card by stamping the Wise Man Postcard (Stampington & Company) on Brocade Blue in Night of Navy. Next I went over the PostCard words with my Bravo Burgundy Stampin' Write Marker and painted over the star with a mixture of Lumiere and Night of Navy re-inker. Next I trimmed the image with decorative scissors and brushed the edges with the Lumiere/re-inker mixture. When dry I used my Stamp-a-majig to line it up and overstamped the image with VersaMark. Next I brushed Micro Pearl Pearl-Ex over the entire image and wiped with a swiffer cloth. Layered this on Night of Navy, Bravo Burgundy and Night of Navy and adhered with thin pop dots.



Next I stamped the Wise men sentiment (Stampin Up) with Night of Navy on Brocade Blue and used my Mat Pack and a paper piercer to punch holes in the top and bottom. Next I layered it onto a slightly larger piece of Night of Navy with the corners punched with the ticket corner punch. Adhered with thick pop dots.



For the base layer I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the BISK canvas texture plate. I then used a dauber to apply Night of Navy Stampin' Pastels to the entire background. Next I randomly stamped Snow Flurries (Stampin Up) in the Lumiere and re-inker mixture. (I first inked up the stamp with VersaMark, so the paint wouldn't ruin the stamp.) To finish off I punched corners with the notch punch and wove Stampin Up's delectable Silver cord around the edges.

No comments