Powered by Blogger.

Coffee Lovers Wishes

Hi friends!  The Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop is under way and I've been itching to make a card. It's been a crazy busy couple of weeks here at Casa Tilman and this morning I snuck into the studio to stamp for the first time in what seems like ages.  Just a quick little card using the Coffee set and a sentiment from the Cup of Kindness digital set limited time freebie, then back to trying to prevent my own little versions of Cain and Abel from repeating history.  {wink}



I started by embossing the coffee cup in gold and cutting with the coordinating Cuppa Joe Die Set . I then colored with Clean Color real brush markers and a waterbrush.  Next I used another of the embossing folders I picked up at Tuesday Morning.  This one is holly branches, and I just loved the look of it, so decided to watercolor the embossed parts with the same markers and a waterbrush.

I distressed this panel and added it to a layer of always artichoke that I stamped with the coffee beans stamp tone on tone.  This bit of ribbon from my stash seemed like the perfect match for the colors, so I tied it on and added some jingle bells.  Finished off with the printed Winter Wishes sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  If you missed it on the Verve Stamps super sponsor post, I have a sweet little discount for all your coffee, tea and cocoa lovers in the store. Use gift code COCOA at checkout for 15% off.


Enabler's List
Stamps: CoffeeCup of Kindness digital set (Verve Stamps)
Paper: always artichoke (SU!), cream
Ink: versamark, always artichoke (SU!), clean color real brush markers (Zig), laser printer
Accessories: Cuppa Joe Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), ribbon, jingle bells, paper distresser, Holly Branch & Pine Branch texture fades embossing folder set (Sizzix), waterbrush, gold embossing powder

35 comments

D.Ann C said...

Gorgeous colors! I love the distressing and that lovely ribbon!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what an elegant creation!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Imke said...

Beautiful card, Julee and it looks so elegant !

Amy C. said...

What a sweet card! The jingle bells are a cute touch.

KellyJean said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Giggle about the twins :)

Lori Kobular said...

I am in LOVE with that lovely embossing folder! Your card is so gorgeous! I hope you got to your twins in time! Happy Holidays!

Janelle Stollfus said...

GORGEOUS! Love the soft embossed and distressing it's like a window into a Christmas shop!

Christine said...

This is so soft and lovely. What good fortune to find such a wonderful embossing folder and a perfect piece of ribbon!

~amy~ said...

Oh Julee, this is BEAUTIFUL

Mandy LaCroix said...

GASP! Amazing card! Amazing! :)

Ann said...

So pretty! I always love seeing your cards.

Heidi said...

Julee- this embossing folder is pretty but you have made it amazing with the water coloring. I need it now!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

That holly background is beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Davi said...

Wow Julee that is Gorgeous! I love the holly folder and the stellar watercoloring gives it such a beautiful vintage look! I LOVE this one :)

StampingbugKerry said...

So beautiful! Love the soft brushed colors. So elegant. :)

Lisa said...

So beautiful... just looking at it makes me feel calm... so soft and ... well... beautiful. True inspiration...

Suchi said...

Can I say this is one of the most beautiful coffee card I have seen? It is so elegant and gorgeous! :)
Suchi xx

cghundley said...

Beautiful card and
the ribbon and bells
look lovely.
Carla from Utah

Sylvia said...

Just a beautiful card, Julie, love your embossed background! Enjoyed visiting your blog again, Happy Holidays!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Simply gorgeous card, love everything about it, the colors, the bow, the embossing, the coloring, the sentiment...everything.

Karen Day said...

Simply lovely, in every way :o)

Hetty said...

This is totally awesome!
Happy Holidays.

D- said...

I love your fantastic card. Thanks for sharing.
Love that folder. Our Tuesday Morning didn't have it but I got a few {okay 10} others.lol.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Nancy said...

Incredible card Julee! The colors and the pink throughout are just gorgeous together! WOW!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Distressing and coloring really made it pop!

Happy Dance said...

Really, really beautiful. Watercoloring the holly and berries just adds so much to the embossing. I love these colors together. And that bow and glittery jingle bells.... Just perfect. An absolutely gorgeous card. Bev

Helen F. said...

Simply gorgeous card! Love the Holly EF

Julia Aston said...

Love your design and that beautiful embossed holly background!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow! Julee, this is absolutely beautiful! I love these gorgeous colors and that pretty touch of pink!
Holiday Hugs,
Michele

Becca Yahrling said...

This is totally stunning and elegant. I love Tuesday Mornings! I've never seen any embossing folders at mine, but they always have something crafty for me to buy! lol

Maureen said...

I could stare at this card all day! LOVE the colours, the embossing and those darling bells!

Lee-Anne said...

Stunning as always, Julee! Love that watercolored embossing! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Lori Kobular said...

Julee ~ can you please tell me who makes that gorgeous embossing folder you got from Tuesday Morning? I absolutely love the way you embossed this card and I have been searching all the Tuesday Morning stores in my area with no luck!

Shelly said...

Oh, this is beautiful!!

Helen Gullett said...

Your card is so beautiful! Love that holly vine background! Absolutely stunning design!