Powered by Blogger.

Celebrate

Hi friends!  It's Monday morning again and time to jump start the week with a brand new Mojo Monday card sketch.  This week's sketch was based on a fun shabby chic card I made last week for the Diva Inspirations Blog Hop using the same stamps and papers as today's card.  (Tomorrow's the deadline for the blog hop comment prizes, so if you haven't checked out the hop, be sure to click on over for some blooming inspiration!)




I didn't have a lot of time to create, so I decided to just work with some stamped and cut flowers and papers still on my desk from a previous stamping session.  The stamps used are from the Poppy Birthday  set and they're cut with the coordinating Build a Poppy Die Set and paired with the greenery from the Sprightly Sprigs Die Set .  Each is die cut, shaped a bit, sponged with vintage photo distress ink and accented with a white gel pen.  The papers are all from the  Lost & Found - Blush collection from My Mind's Eye.


I added some twine for my horizontal layer, then hand cut some banners for the sentiment, adding a hint of a border with a black pen.  Finished off with some black matting to make the layers pop.

This one's also another sample for the current Let it Bloom Diva Inspiration Challenge.  Are you playing along?  We'd love to see your floral creations and Verve Stamps are not required to win! We're equal opportunity stampers, here.  :)


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll play along with this week's Mojo sketch!



Mojo Monday 397 Card Sketch
Enabler's List
Stamps: Poppy Birthday (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Lost & Found - Blush (MME), black, cream
Ink: vintage photo distress, archival black (Ranger), white gel pen, black micron pen
Accessories:  Build a Poppy Die Set, Sprightly Sprigs Die Set  (A Cut Above by VERVE), twine

17 comments

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Oh, Julee!! I really like this card!! Love the colors and the layout. Your flowers tie everything together perfectly. Such a great card.

Stampingcountry said...

What a pretty Card! Great colors too.

~amy~ said...

So pretty Julee...love those flowers!

JoAnn said...

So very pretty. Love the colors. Great sketch too.

Small Talk Mama said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and all the little details!

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful, Julee!!!! Love the colours!!!! I have to join in the fun at the Mojo Monday Blog again this week, to make a card following this great sketch!!!!
Have a great week!!

Lesley said...

Lovely card and great colours! I need to try layering those blooms in this way! It looks amazing! Have a great week, Julee! xo

Dolores Raml said...

Awesome card, I have that die for the flowers in my cart even before I saw the card. Know for sure it is a good choice now.

Marisa said...

Love how you softened the black leaves by adding the white to them. Lovely card and way to rock those poppies! Trusting you had a wonderful Mother's Day ((hugs))!

Jill Norwood said...

This is such a pretty card! I love how the black makes the colors pop!

Wanda Cullen said...

REALLY loving this card!! Your little details (white gel pen and black pen framing the banner) just add such a sweet touch! This poppy set is my fave right now!

SussiPoppins said...

Hi Julee, I love what you did with this card sketch!...the poppies and leaves are great!

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

So beautiful card!

Nancy Thomas said...

The gel pen highlights really make the leaves and stems stand out. Beautiful card Julee.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Julee: You card is just so beautiful, I love the black layer and the leaves with the white gel pen hightlights, this truly showcases your fabulous layout. I want to thank you for helping me fix my thumbnail picture for Mojo Monday, I really don't know what happened, but the mistake probably was on my end.
I will be more careful next time.
Hugs.

Greta said...

Fun flowers & the use of the white gel pen is so wonderful, Julee!

jan metcalf said...

Pretty poppies!