Powered by Blogger.

Take Joy

Hi friends!  It's Mojo Monday on Tuesday again for me!  What a fun (and exhausting) time we had with the twins over Easter weekend.  By the end of it, I just didn't have anything more in me but to curl up in bed and hope that I'd find a bit of time later in the week to stamp a Mojo Monday card. Well, that time happened this morning when I woke up early and the boys slept late and everything aligned for me to play with neocolor II watercolor crayons and paper!



Verve is having a Classic Verve {re-visited} release and blog hop this Friday. One of the sets releasing is called Petals & Wings and it's a compilation of the former Petals & Stems and Fluttering By sets (on clearance and being retired when our current inventory runs out).  I've made the antennae for the butterflies a separate stamp in the new compilation and created a die set to match, but kept everything else the same.

For my card, I pulled out the Petals & Wings set and the coordinating Wings & Petals Die Set and had a little fun.  I love the look of watercolors over book print, so started with some book print designer paper and cut the die set from it.  Next I stamped the small flower and the big butterfly on the matching die cuts and colored with watercolor crayons and a waterbrush pen. The flower center is stamped on the book print as well and punched out with a 3/8" circle punch to layer over the flower.  The sentiment is stamped onto a circle die cut and then I also watercolored the bookprint square behind it.  My border piece is a Flourished Trim Die cut layered over one of the dies from the Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set.  I finished with a polka dot embossing folder, some black liquid pearl accents on the flourished trim and butterfly body and a bunch of distressed edges.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Petals & Wings (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Walnut Grove (Pebbles), dp scrap (Prima), sahara sand, basic black (SU)
Ink: black, Neocolor II crayons (Caran d'ache)
Accessories: Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set, Flourished Trim Die, Wings & Petals Die Set {releases 4/25} (A Cut Above by VERVE), Classic Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), 3/8" circle punch (SU!), Polka Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug), liquid pearls (Ranger), paper distresser, waterbrush

1 comment

Ravengirl said...

Cute, so cute! Fluttering By was the first Verve set I got!