Powered by Blogger.

You're Tweet

Happy Thursday!  I'm back again with another just for fun card.  This was a special card I made to send to Alma using her new Nesting set.  Since I knew it was going to Alma, I started with the classic TCP color scheme of yellow, black and rocker pink!


If you hadn't noticed from my recent posts, I'm in love with the Mini Exotic Butterflies.  I cut a few out in black and loved the look of the negative shape after cutting all three dies in a line, so I embossed the piece with a Sizzix folder, then layered some news print paper behind it and cut a tail to make it a banner.  I lightly sponged ink on the three butterflies, leaving a few white spots and added a top piece cut with the Pinking Border CutUps and accented with black rhinestones.

Next I stamped the nest image as a background all over my daffodil delight background, making an extra little piece to stamp the sentiment from Nesting on.  The bird is stamped directly onto the newsprint paper, then cut out and I sponged with melon mambo, then added some Stickles to it as well as the center butterfly.  Some Black Licorice Divine Twine, a mini library clip and one of the Mini Exotic Butterflies finished things off.

I guess this card would be a fusion of shabby chic and graphic styles.  That's me... never wanting to stay inside the box. {grin}  Well, whatever style it is, I had so much fun making it and I hope it makes Alma smile.

Well, I best be getting a move on.  I think the world spins faster and faster every single day.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Hope you find a little time to create just for the sheer joy of creating today!

Enabler's List:
Stamps:  Nesting (TCP)
Paper: Neenah Natural White (TCP)), First Edition DP (SU!), Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo (SU!)
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo (SU!), Jet Black Archival (Ranger)
Accessories:  Pink Border Cutups, Mini Exotic Butterflies, Black Licorice Divine Twine (TCP), Cuttlebug folder, Mini library clip (SU!), black flatback rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty), Stickles, paper distresser

13 comments

Luanne said...

Glad you had time for a little "just for fun" creativity! The results are spectacular!

Susi said...

Gorgeous ... simply gorgeous!

Dori Shelton said...

Beautiful! I love the black with the bright yellow and pink. I really like the news print paper as well. So inspiring!

Jackie Pedro said...

I think Alma will be grinning from ear to ear. This is freakin' fabulous, Julee. I LOVE the curled tails on the Divine Twine!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Happy, happy *sigh*, Julee! You and TCP are a match made in my personal heaven. Lovely!

Marisa said...

You made these colours sing, Julee :) Love the punched out butterflies and the small sentiment tag with the twine. Great card as always.

Ravengirl said...

This is gorgeous and such a bright and happy color combination. I love that you stamped the nest all over the Daffodil Delight, it creates a fun and interesting backdrop!

Leigh OBrien said...

Fantabulous, Julee! You always inspire me!

Unknown said...

Super super card Julee!! I'm quite sure Alma will adore it!! :)

Rosie said...

Wowzers this is amazing and has do many inspiring ideas! I love it! Hugs, Rosie

Kelly said...

What a beautiful card!

Shannan Teubner said...

Stunning, Julee! I Love the little bit of newsprint poking out of the top corner!

Alma de la Rosa said...

This card is awesome and YOU are awesome. Thank you so much!