Powered by Blogger.

Surfer Chic

Hi everyone!  Welcome to another week - I hope your weekend was fantastic!  On Saturday Mark and I got to enjoy a bit of sunshine and walked around downtown Boise for a while, which is always fun and inspiring.   Then I spent most of yesterday on the couch with back pain.  Boo hiss to the pain, but I rather enjoyed spending some time reading and watching Leap Year, a great little chick flick!  Okay, well enough chitchat, on with today's card.  It's Monday again, and that means it's time for another mojo sketch over on the Mojo Monday blog.


I really enjoyed making this card - it's another one I made at Laurie's, and as Mark commented when I got home, everything I made there was really different than my norm, but really cool!  He especially liked this one.  Isn't he sweet?  I've really been into grey/black lately with a pop of color, and the stamps in the Relax set were calling out my name for a little surfer chic kind of card.  I stamped the background on basic gray cardstock, then sponged around the edges with Black Soot distress ink.  The three surfboards were embossed in black on cream cardstock, then colored with Copics.  I painted 1/2 of each surfboard with a glitter glaze mixture for extra sparkle.  The sentiment is stamped on cream cardstock and cut out with Circle Nestabilities, then I added some coordinating rhinestones to balance things out.  A little soft twill serves as a little divider and Laurie did a little scoring with her Cutterbee piercing tool for me, since I was chicken!  LOL  Then I added a little distressing to the edges and finished with a black card base.

23 comments

Tiya-B said...

Being from Redondo beach I love cards with surfboards.... and this is one best ive scene!. the great background really dresses up the surf style. great card!

Julie said...

Gorgeous, Julee!! Love that black/grey with a pop of color...very classy!

I'm eagerly awaiting the next release from Verve!

Pattie said...

I love this card! The colors against the black are awesome!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Julee, thanks for another awesome sketch.

Melisa Hunter said...

I love how the bright colours pop on the black and grey background!

Luanne said...

Love your sparkly different colored jewels. Great card! Hope I can play this week - neat sketch!

Maureen said...

oh, I love the pop of colours!!! Even with the bling :) We've had sunshine here too in B.C. :) Thanks for your sweet comments on my Up, Up and Away cards...had to smile today because in the book I was reading my class today there was the phrase..."up,up and away!" Made me think of the challenge :)

Mr. Verve said...

Why, yes, I AM sweet! :-) And so is your card!!! Love ya! -Mark

Whimsey said...

LOVE Mr. Verve's comment; too funny!

Love the card; the splash of color is fabulous!!

Vickie Z said...

Love this card!! Wonderful with the gray and black and then that pop of color!!

Kristen said...

I absolutely - love this card! Your norm is great - but I like this norm too!!!

Anonymous said...

Julee, this is fab! I promise to get mine done tonight!!!!

Marisa said...

Can see why Mark liked this card :D what a fun splash of colours against the grey. Darling card!

Believe it or not, I've been in downtown Boise! Years ago a close university friend lived there for about 4 years and a few of us flew down to visit her. Was a great weekend.

Heidi said...

I definately love this one, love the grey/black and the masculinity of the card. I love the background paper that you made.

Deborah Young said...

Well, how cute is that!!! Love the updated blog, too!

MicheyMoo said...

This is soooooo gorgeous Julee!! I love the vibrant colours of the boards against the smokey background!! Its perfect. xxx

Janelle Stollfus said...

Oh so gorgeous! I love the boards too!

www.boshobbyshop.nl said...

I like the surfboards! Very nice!

x Anouk

Kerri said...

I am loving the bright colors against the gray! Awesome card, Julee!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Great guy card!! I love it!!

Lynne Phelps said...

LOVE the cold gray and black with that hot hot hot color! Fabulous contrast!

Paula Fuller said...

This is an amazing card. Just love the 'pop' of colour. A great guys card!!

Paula Fuller said...

This is an amazing card. Just love the 'pop' of colour. A great guys card!!