Powered by Blogger.

SOA Treats

Happy Wednesday! I'm going to try to make this short since I tweaked my back packing orders the other night and I'm still in quite a bit of pain. A drawer holding plain janes fell, then I fell, then I fell twice more trying to get up and ended up in that crying/laughing state with stamps all around me! It was quite comical, but the pain is not. So I've been trying to take it easy and limit my time standing, and what better way to do that than do a little creating? I started by heading over to the Stampin Out Alzheimer's {SOA} site and downloading the free Cupcake Box template from Kelleigh Ratzlaff and a free digi kit called Flip Flop Tan by Libby Weifenbach. Not only are these free to SOA participants, but both of these freebies have challenges associated with them where you can win even more cool stuff!



For the first project, I used the bottom only portion of the template and cut the edges with scallop edge scissors before assembling. I used digi paper from the Flip Flop tan kit and cut out several of the little sunshiney flowers included in the digi kit. Next, I tested out my new SU! Big Shot dies, added a sentiment from Sweet on You and then tied up some peanut M&M's in cellophane for a little treat.



The second box uses the whole template, and I clipped the Flip Flop tan papers to it before printing, then added more of those fun little flowers around the sides and finished off with a flower on top. The camera angle is a little weird because I was trying to show the top and the sides, but it looks so cute in real life!

6 comments

Unknown said...

Love the adorable cupcake, Julee!

I hope you feel better soon - back injuries are no fun.

Anonymous said...

I hope your back gets better soon! They can make you absolutely miserable. Take it easy for awhile :)
Love today's project, it's super cute :)

Kerri said...

These are both so cute! What a great idea with the first one to leave the top off and use the cellophane! TFS : )

Regina Mangum said...

So sorry you hurt your back (though the story of it was hilarious!) Feel better soon -- and LOVE the project!

Bethany Paull said...

I'm laughing just thinking of you lying in a pile of stamps laughing. I'm sorry you hurt your back though. Glad to see you took a little "rest time". tee hee. I LOVE your bright, colorful project.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how adorable! LOVE that box and how perfect with that sentiment!