Sweet One

Today I'm sharing with you a super quick card (read 10 minutes) I made using Jen's Sketch For you to Try from this week. I absolutely loved the sketch as soon as I saw it and had to make something, but didn't have a lot of time. This is what I came up with. Hopefully I'll have time to make something a little more stampy with this sketch later this week.

Sorry for the dark shadows on the photo - I think my camera is starting to get sick. :( I used the same lighting and everything on my photos today and everything I took had dark shadows and I had to brighten it quite a bit in Photoshop. Anyways, I started by stamping the Sweet One stamp from So Many Scallops (SU!) in Crimson Red Versafine on Barely Banana. I then stamped the same image again, punched out with my scallop circle punch and sponged the edges with Crimson Red ink. Next I layered the trimmed image on top of the punched image and set aside. I punched three 7/8" squares from Some KaiserCraft Tudor paper and then matted on a 1" square of another paper from the Tudor Collection. I ran a piece of Barely Banana through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder, added a strip of the Tudor paper and the three squares and then tied some Bluebird grosgrain ribbon in a knotted bow. I added three burgundy brads from Pinkhedgehog and glued everything to a red card base. For that extra little sparkle I added some Stardust Stickles squigglies to the paper and some accents on the moon and each scallop. Not your traditional baby colors, but I liked the happy feel of the color combo.

11 comments

  1. Turned out perfect! You shouldn't have told us it only took ten minutes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the swiss dots cb folder. Sorry i havn't been able to play with your sketches lately I am in the middle of a huge move, to San Diego for about 7-9 months and then back to Florida but this time in Jacksonville for 3-4 years. I hope you had a nice vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Julee - I can't believe you can pull something like this off in ten minutes, wow!! Just gorgeous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I just love this card. I think the colours are awesome!
    May have to try a card using the same colour combination!
    All the embellishments look great and love how you added "squiggles"to your patterned paper. Calgary, Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! And I agree...that color combo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card and design Julee, LOVE the fun and easy sketch, thanks for the inspiration.

    Have a great day,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ten minutes? Are you KIDDING? It took me half that just to READ what you did! Sheesh! Love that Swiss Dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...magnificent "super quick card"...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! I like the aged, kinda vintage feel for a baby card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.

Back to Top