Powered by Blogger.

Happy Tomorrows

Hey peeps, are you ready for another sneak peek of one of the new sets? Today's card features one of my favorite sentiments from the Wonderful Wishes set. This one says, Wishing You a Lifetime of Happy Tomorrows. The sentiments in this set were purposely designed to be petite. They are perfect for working with ATC sized (2.5" x 3.5") cards and also fit well in some of the smaller punches, like the Stampin Up oval punches and several of the Marvy Extra Jumbo punches. They also all fit inside the three frames included in the set.

For this card, I started out making an ATC, but couldn't stop myself and ended up making it into a 4.25" square card. This is a perfect layout for easily turning any ATC into a card. The bird frame stamp and the swirlies in the corner come from an Autumn Leaves set I picked up at Michael's a few weeks ago. The sentiment is from Verve Visual's Wonderful Wishes, releasing November 10. All images are stamped in Palette Noir and then I colored highlights with my new Spica glitter pens. The charm is from a jewelry charm set I got for a $1 at Wal-Mart and attached with a brad from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts.

To turn it into a card, I simple added two Celery photo corner punches in opposite corners behind the ATC. I attached this to a black square embossed with my Cuttlebug Textile folder and the matted on a Pretty in Pink 4.25" square card base. For the final touch I added a bow of organdy pink ribbon. There you have it. Easy, breezy, beautiful! :)

15 comments

Libby Hickson said...

This one is really cool - quite different than most cards we see. I love the black, pink & celery color combo. And I am loving the sentiments in your new sets!! Can't wait for the full reveal!

Shannan Teubner said...

Soooo pretty! I love the Photo corners behind the image...great idea!

Lisa said...

Mmmmm.... I love love love this card! You've wandered into my usual color pallette here!

yvonne said...

wow, this card is so beautiful!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh my heavens this card is so awesome. I love the swirls and the bird, and that sentiment is so nice too. Can't wait to see the set.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a unique stamp! This is very cool, Julee! Very different!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful and elegant! I love the colors!

Jessica said...

This is lovely, Julee! i love the sentiment, can't wait to see the set in full! The Autumn Leaves image is so pretty, too. Great work!

Eleanor said...

This is a great card. I love the colors and the layout.

Beth Thomas said...

What an elegant, beautiful card. This color combo is awesome!!!!

Diane said...

Absolutely Stunning !!! Love it!!!

Lila H said...

Enabling has you making this stunning creation!!! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to say you make beautiful cards. I look forward everyday to seeing what you have made. I can only hope one day mine would look so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

I am always making Anniversary cards and that sentiment would be PERFECT for anniversary cards!!

LOVE it!!

Shirley

Bethany Paull said...

I've never seen these stamps. Your card is so original and gorgeous. Really LOVE it!