Powered by Blogger.

Hooray For New Stuff

I finally got to stamp with some of my new stuff! Yay! I totally spaced printing out the sandwich instructions for my Nestabilties, so I still haven't tried those, but here's what I'm showing off today... Blue Bayou paper and ink, scallop punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, chocolate taffeta ribbon, and Tres Chic all by Stampin' Up! The taffeta ribbon was not what I expected at all, but it ties beautifully and is really starting to grow on me. I love Blue Bayou and can't believe I didn't like it when it first released. And it goes perfectly with my new My Mind's Eye Out & About No. 2 Paper Collection! Bear with me peeps, I'll get to the part about the card. ;) Every once in a while a girl has to show off her new toys, especially since there's no one around the house to show and tell with!

I started out with Jen's Sketch For You to Try. I love sketches that split the space into triangles, because then you can make a quick second card with the leftover triangle. I wanted to sew on my card, but I didn't have any thread to match, so I settled for pulling out my Mat Pack and paper piercer and piercing around just about everything! I also sponged around the edges of all the panels with Blue Bayou. The sentiment is from the Hero Arts From The Heart Greetings set. To finish off I outlined each pierced hole with a clear Stardust gel pen and then added a metal photo corner from the We R Memory Keepers Hardware kit. As the card progressed I fiddled and fussed with the pieces and then fiddled some more. I finally decided I'd have to head into off-sketch territory. So I moved the main panel over and the embellishment piece to the opposite corner. Sorry Jen, I guess I was just feeling a little rebellious! :) LOL!
Hope you have a fantastic day!

16 comments

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love the colors you used! Beautiful card, Julee!

Shannan Teubner said...

YAY for new toys! I love it, Julee!

Anonymous said...

VERYYYYYYY PRETTY!! Me likey A LOT!! LOLOL

Dana said...

WOW, your Blue Bayou doesn't look like mine...you must have REALLY good lighting!
Whata great card, I like all the piercing, and I LOVE that ribbon...so luscious.

Donna Baker said...

wow, Julee...quite breathtaking! I love it!

Lauren said...

What a beautiful card..soft yet strong. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors, the stamps and your embellishements...perfection!!! thx for playing!

Unknown said...

Total perfection! This is sooooooo my kinda card! I love every single detail!

Diane said...

Stunning Julee!!! Love those colors!

Lisa said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!

I knew you were gonna like that Chocolate Taffeta..... NICE, isn't it? I've already used a whole spool of it and I don't like brown!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Sweet!!!!! Love this!!!

Jules said...

Great Card, very nice!

Toni said...

Oh, this is sooo pretty! The colors are so soft, and the photo corner is just the right touch of bling!

Anonymous said...

DUDE!!! This is GORGEOUS, STUNNING, AMAZING...WOW!

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely, Julee! I just ordered Tres Chic a couple of days ago--can't wait to get it!

Anonymous said...

Julee, oh my goodness this is gorgeous!!!