Powered by Blogger.

Fall Florals

I finally found a tiny bit of stamping time yesterday. I'm still playing around with my Janome Sew Mini and am really loving it. My stitches are getting a lot better with practice, too - especially the turning corners!

I started this card by randomly stamping several of the flowers from Fancy Florals in Pumpkin Pie on Pearlized White Cardstock. Next I glued to a piece of yummy Paper Salon dp and zigzag stitched it with my Janome. I tied a bow of Chocolate grosgrain around this panel and set it aside.

Next I stamped Thinking of You and one of the flowers on another piece of the Pearlized White cardstock and sponged around the edges with Close to Cocoa ink. In hind sight I should have either done this to both or none of the two stamped panels, because it looks a little weird to have one "dirty" and one clean. Next I stitched around the edges and then matted on some more Paper Salon DP. The Chocolate Chip card base is embossed with the Textile Cuttlebug folder. For the final accent, I added a little Crystal Stickles to the center of the flower. It's nothing super elaborate, but I'm really happy with the final result of this card.

I received a couple fabulous RAKs yesterday too! The first was a beautiful card by Paula done with Verve Visual stamps. For me, the most exciting part of designing stamps is seeing what people do with them. This card by Paula is really gorgeous. I love the layout, it's like a tent topper - only the topper is a cut-out instead of an added layer. I guess it's called a Bib Card. Very cool - and she wrote the sweetest note inside. Thanks Paula, you really brightened a dreary and wet Monday!

The second card is from my buddy Shannan. It's a beautiful design with great colors and stitching and a special note inside to make me feel better. You're so thoughtful Shannan - I always love your creations! Thanks so much.
Starting tomorrow there will be daily sneak peeks on the Verve Visual blog of the two Verve Visual sets being released on October 10! Woohooo! The party has almost begun! Over on the blog you can also read about our newest Design Team member, Laurie Schmidlin, as well as view the list of winners from the September Verve Visual contest.

8 comments

Alex said...

wow! This card is so rich and beautiful - love the colors and the design, just gorgeous! And, lucky you because those are awesome RAKs! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love the colors and layout! I think I need one of those sewing machines. I never take out my big machine to sew on cards. Can't wait for the reveals of the new sets!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful card, Julee! And what wonderful RAKs! You lucky girl! :)

Lisa said...

Look at you go, you stitching whiz!!!! LOL! So pretty!

Shannan Teubner said...

Sooooo pretty! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card! I just love your colors and that stitching is looking awesome!

Jules said...

Great cards, you are so creative!

QuiltNut Creations said...

love your card!