Powered by Blogger.

Be Happy!

Last night I did something I hadn't done in a long time... set aside some time to cyberstamp with my friend Shirley. The plan was to chat a little on instant messenger and then make a card to combine this week's color and sketch challenges. Unfortunately my computer didn't want to cooperate and I spent more time watching my computer spontaneously reboot than I did stamping! Such a bummer! While I was waiting to see what the sketch was I pulled out this adorable Rubber Romance image I stamped a few weeks ago when I was at Lila's and started coloring. Then since I still couldn't get on SCS (it had this nasty way of crashing my computer just by logging on to SCS) I decided to go with just the color challenge. To remind myself to stay positive, I stamped Be Happy from a Studio G (Michael's $1) clear stamp set in the corner. A few doodles around the edges and stickles on the leash, scarf, shoes and the word happy and I was in business! :)

Card Recipe
Stamps: Rubber Romance, Studio G
Ink: Ancient Page Coal Black, Prismacolor Pencils
Paper: Conqueror White, Cool Caribbean, Taken With Teal, Marigold Morning
Accessories: Gamsol, Stardust Stickles, Sakura Black Glaze Pen, grosgrain ribbon

Yesterday I also received a trade I had made with Lisa (crazycatstamper) and she included this beautiful Asian card. You know me, can't resist those Asian stamps! Unfortunately both French Script and Kanji are being retired. What a sad day it was when I read that. I really hope that someone comes out with a word background that is wide instead of tall. Do you ever want to turn your cards, but can't because of the background? And with words, it's hard to piece it together. Anyway, here's Lisa's beautiful card. Thanks Lisa!




14 comments

Shannan Teubner said...

OOOOHHHH that girl is soo pretty! Great card, Julee!! Sorry your computer went crazy. =(

StampOwl said...

Oh I just love those Rubber Romance stamps, love what you did with it and with the CC.

Lisa said...

Cyberstamping? So that's what you're up to when the rest of us are stalking the challenges! LOL! Cute card! I'm so going to miss that Cool Caribbean!

I just called Russ on the cell phone to tell him you posted my card on your website... he thinks I'm crazy... he he he!

Colleen Schaan said...

I really love your card...that image is adorable. So...how exactly do you cyber stamp...can you see each other or is it just typing or is it speaking??? (I gett a bit confused by 'puter stuff...)

Anonymous said...

Love the Rubber Romance card - I love that stamp! The colors are really fun together and it looks like a happy card. Also love Lisa's asian card - simple and beautiful.

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Such a gorgeous card missy!! I LOVE that little doggie and the way you did the ribbon on there!! So pretty!!

Jill said...

Such a great card! Love all the dots!

Michele Kovack said...

Beautiful! Love your cards!

Anonymous said...

great card, my friend!! she is just a chic kinda girl!!

thanks for the cyberstampin!!

squirrelly shirley

Bethany Paull said...

This is so awesome! That tiny bow is just perfect.

Sherrie said...

Shriek!!! Love these colors with this image, boy does it ever pop! What a delight to visit your blog!

Anonymous said...

One GREAT card! You mention about the Micheal $1. stamp ours don't have anything like that. Love your color in the card.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

So adorable! I love this stamp. It is one of the few ladies I don't have... Chris

I might have to start cyberstamping..lol

Anonymous said...

Julee I love it! Good job! I can't wait to try this one out!