Powered by Blogger.

Good Friends

Do any of you ever commit to more than you should and then get to a point where you're just about ready to drop it all? I was listening to a radio show the other day where an organization expert was asked a question about how they balanced work, family and everything else. The gal replied that there's no such thing as balancing these things...it's a juggling act. How true! Something is always in the air. Well, I've got a LOT of somethings in the air right now and I'm hoping I don't start dropping them. It seems the more and more stressed I get, the less creative I am. This card was such a struggle for me. I'm relatively pleased with it now, though, thanks to a late night emergency help session from Cindy! Thanks, Sistah....you ROCK!


I started out with a stamped image I received from a friend. The set is called Pattern of Friendship and I just think it's retro look is so cool. I colored the image with prismacolors and mineral spirits and then doodled a frame around the edges. Next I layered with Chocolate chip and some more of ...you guessed it.... the Stella Ruby Basic Grey paper. Next I glued the three sides of the mat down to form a pocket to tuck a tag in.


I stamped good friends on Whisper White with my Karen Foster snap stamps in Chocolate Chip and then at the bottom of the piece I stamped ... never go out of style. For the top of the tag, I punched a 1/2" circle out of Chocolate Chip and then used my 1/4" handheld circle punch to punch out the middle. I then distressed the edges of the tag with my Tonic paper distressing tool and tied a knot with twill tape. To finish off the tag I stamped good friends on both tails of the twill tape and frayed the ends.


I used a cosmetic sponge and a Close to cocoa inkpad to ink up the edges of the image and the tag. Finally, I used my Cuttlebug to cut out a coordinating flower die cut and attached with an antique copper brad.

8 comments

Heidi said...

Love the paper and the colors! The aging looks really nice!

Allison Rankin said...

This is beautiful esp. with the BG of stella ruby PP.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Well for having trouble and not feeling creative, you sure made an awesome card! :)

Lisa said...

I can't look at this without thinking of the huge box of patterns my mother used to keep in the hall closet... I'm pretty sure she had the one this image copies! LOL! Love that Stella Ruby.... I'm going to have to find myself some of that.....

Kendra Hernandez said...

yes ma'am I sure do - i overcommit ALL the time LOL I think it's some sort of stamping sickness that I have. I don't know whether it's I can't say no, or I don't want to say no LOL That is a great card btw!

Anonymous said...

oh, this turned out so lovely!! great job!! And that flower is from a CB??? very cool!!

QuiltNut Creations said...

what a great stamp! your card reminds me of old dress patterns. very nice

Anonymous said...

What did we ever do without each other before we had each other?? LOL!!
You totally need to clear up your plate Jules...too much commitment cramps the creativity!
(((hugs)))