Powered by Blogger.

Hello Kanji!

I just love Asian inspired art! Walk into my house and you will see plenty of bamboo, oriental flowers, paintings and art. It all started with this gorgeous red chest we inherited when my husband's grandfather passed away. Something about it just captured my heart the first time I saw it - almost 10 years ago. And once that spark started, there was no stopping me! So, it's probably not surprising that my favorite types of cards to make are Asian inspired. In my big Sellabration order I got Kanji and haven't had a chance to play with it, so I pulled it out for today's Limited Supply Challenge over on SCS. The challenge was to use nothing but black and/or white ink and embellishments. You also needed to use one additional color of cardstock.

For this card, I began by cutting a large circle with my Creative Memories Circle Cutting System in black and white cardstock. I then freehand drew the yin yang divider on the white circle, stacked the circles and cut with scissors. Next I stamped the retired Bamboo II backgroun in Black Stazon on Whisper White, then lined up the black and white pieces with my Stamp-a-majig and stamped the same background on Basic Black with Whisper White Craft ink. I then layered the two pieces onto a larger So Saffron circle, used my Basic Black marker and an aquapainter to go over the bamboo on the white and used my black glaze pen to do the pattern of dots around the edges.

Next I took the Kanji love stamp and stamped in Black Stazon on So Saffron. I then free-handed the curved edge cuts, layered on Whisper White and freehanded the curves again. Next I used my double circle punch to lace the stitched black ribbon through as a flat bow. Finally I used my white gel pen to add some accents around the kanji character and layered the scroll onto the circle with pop dots.

Then I used my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to just stamp the Kanji character in the center of my White Prima Hydrangea. I then punched a hole through the So Saffron circle to stick the black flower center thingys (from my January Self-Addressed kit) through the center of the prima. I adhered to the back with Terrifically Tacky Tape, and then glued the entire circle to a 4.25" x 4.25" Basic Black cardbase which I had pierced the corners with using my Mat Pack and a paper piercer.




4 comments

Anonymous said...

Ohayo Gozaimasu(good morning)...your card is beautiful and the details. TFS. Liann

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, I love the details that you put on this card :)

Anonymous said...

I would have never thought to do that white/black swirl thingy in the bg!! wow, where do you come up w/ this stuff??

SS

Cindy Lou Who said...

Would you belive I had BOTH these sets out last night, Kanji and the BG!! I stood there...and I had a total blank.
YOUR card is DIVINE!!! I love love love it!! I am sooooo casing you! Perhaps it will give me more ideas. Thanks a MILLION!
(((hugs)))