Powered by Blogger.

Hello Old Favorites!

I finally finished cutting and mounting 23 of my 25 new sets today. I've sealed three sets with clear fingernail polish as well. Since I've been busy doing all of that, there hasn't been much time for stamping. So I thought I would post my favorite card I made in 2006. I made a set of four of these cards and included them in a decorated tin with other handmade cards. I sold the tin to my sister to give as a Christmas gift. I just love the way it turned out.

I started by stamping Artfully Asian in VersaMark on Very Vanilla and heat embossing with gold detail embossing powder. I then stamped Linen in Close to Cocoa, followed by a few random stampings of Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Close to Cocoa. Next I tore the top and bottom edges and used my Krylon Gold Leafing Pen to color the torn edges. I then painted the flowers with a mixture of Crystal Effects and a few drops of Real Red reinker and set this layer aside.

Next I took a chipboard circle (Bazzill) and applied it directly to my VersaMark pad, then immediately coated with gold detail embossing powder and heat embossed. I let it cool and then repeated to get a nice thick coating. On some of the leftovers from the earlier torn edges, I stamped Circle of Friendship in VersaMark and heat embossed with gold detail embossing powder. I punched the shape out with my Stampin' Up 3/4" circle punch and layered onto a circle cut with my Fiskar's 1" circle punch. I then sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa ink and ran through my Xyron to adhere to the chipboard circle. I punched a hole in the top with my Crop-a-dile and tied red ribbon from Michael's in a knot and clipped the ends.

Next I stamped French Script on Real Red in the same color ink and adhered the very vanilla panel to it with monoadhesive. I used my Stampin Up Double Circle punch to punch 6 evenly spaced holes along the side. I set the gold eyelets with my Crop-a-dile and then laced the ribbon through the eyelets, tied knots on both ends and clipped the ends. To finish, I layered the entire card front on a Very Vanilla card base and adhered the chipboard circle with Terrifically Tacky Tape.

3 comments

Allison Rankin said...

That is a beautiful card...TFS!

Joan said...

This is gorgeous. I'm glad I found your blog!!

Dale Anne Potter said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
GREAT JOB!