Powered by Blogger.

Hello Coasters!

The SCS color challenge this week is to use Close To Cocoa, Pale Plum and Sage Shadow. I'm not a fan of Sage Shadow, but I do love the Enchante papers in the Winter Mini. I normally would have pulled out Carte Postale for this challenge, but a fellow SCSer challenged me to use the same set for every challenge this week...and my set is Delight in Life.

This is a square card, measuring 4.25 x 4.25". To begin I cut a 4 inch square of the plum Enchante paper and ran it through my Xyron, then adhered to a 4 inch lightweight coaster. Next I ran the coaster through my Cuttlebug using the Square Stamp die. I flipped the frame around so the white coaster would set off the plum paper. At this time I also used my Stampin Up Large Oval Punch to punch an oval out of the coaster.

Next I pulled out my Stamp-a-majig (SAMJ) and used my Basic Black Stampin Write marker to just stamp the delight part of the delight in life stamp in the center of the oval. Also used my SAMJ to stamp the flower in the center of the coaster square. I then highlighted with my Pale Plum Stampin Write marker and accented with Crystal Effects and sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds. I then set it aside to dry.

Next up, I stamped Paisley on Pale Plum in the same color ink. Then I stamped Paisley on Close to Cocoa with Pale Plum ink. I cut out a 4.25 inch square of the Sage Shadow Enchante paper and punched a Giga and a Mega Scalloped Square. Next I punched a Giga square of the Close to Cocoa and a Mega square of the Paisley stamped Pale Plum. I stacked all my same size scalloped squares together and punched a hole in each scallop using my Mat Pack and a paper piercer. (This way you only have to do it once per size of square!) Then I pierced holes around the Paisley 4" Pale Plum square.

To finish, I punched a hole in each end of my delight chipboard oval with my Crop-a-dile and laced ribbon through it, wrapped it around the Pale Plum piece and tied a bow. Next I layered all the pieces on, adhering with Tombow Mono-adhesive. I attached the Close to Cocoa scalloped square with thin pop dots. Then I used a watercolor brush to dab bits of crystal effects mixed with Dazzling Diamonds on the tips of all the squares. Whew! If you're still reading I commend you. I'm a little long winded today! :)

1 comment

Caroline LeBel, Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

that turned out beautiful. What a lovely colour combo :) TFS!bcsmlqd