Powered by Blogger.

You Are Extraordinary

Hi friends! It's been a bit of a whirlwind around here with the boys lately. A fun summer break for sure, but so much driving and doing! I've still been doing a little crafting here and there, but most of my "me" time has been used trying to organize some of my supplies and envision a new space for my creative side.


I did make this fun little card last week while the boys were in sports camp. I made a trip to the local craft store and found this sweet little Avery Elle stamp set on clearance for a dollar. I just had to bring him home and stamp him! On the same trip I found some American Crafts blending markers at Tuesday Morning.  I decided to test out their blending on smooth bristol and then stamped the narwhal directly on my test piece.  I painted in his horn and belly with a white paint pen, then added a few bubbles.

This panel is matted in black, then I added the sentiments and used a fun mixed media background I had previously made for the background.  It was a piece of white cardstock coated with gesso that I used to scrape up the excess from a Lindy's magicals project I was working on. Sometimes I love the clean up pieces more than the actual art!  I thought it looked really oceanic, so finished off with a simple black mat and a few glittery enamel dots.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a fabulous week!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Extraordinary Narwhal (Avery Elle)
Paper: smooth bristol (Canson), basic black (SU!)
Ink: intense black (Hero Arts), Magicals shakers (Lindy's Gang), markers (American Crafts)
Accessories: circle dies, gesso, glitter enamel dots (BoBunny)

2 comments

Unknown said...

Love this bright, summerly Layout !

kiwimeskreations said...

What a serene card Julee - love both the layers - the background one is perfect :-)
Blessings
Maxine