Powered by Blogger.

If Not for the Last Minute

Hi friends! I'm popping in with this quick little Father's Day card I made last night. I don't know how I always seem to be one card short the night before a holiday, but somehow it always happens. Kellan has been super sick and so I colored the duck image from Just Like You with copics while I "watched" Treehouse Detectives with Kellan.


After coloring, I ran upstairs and die cut the sentiment and the colored image, matting with black circle die cuts.  For the layout I went with a paper that had some of the orange of the bill in it, then picked another orange paper and cut with the Flourished Tag Die Set. I cut one more tag die from black and offset it to give it just a thin mat at the bottom, then layered everything together and was on my way. Probably one of the quickest cards I've ever made.

I'm taking Trevor to our family get-togethers today and Mark is staying home with a feverish Kellan. He gets the Dad of the Year award for spending a good portion of Father's Day weekend mopping up vomit. Hope this is something Kellan doesn't share with the rest of us!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous day.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Just Like You (Verve Stamps) - now Just Like You DIGI (SNSS)
Paper: For the Boys (Echo Park), black, white
Ink: intense black (Hero Arts), copic markers
Accessories: Flourished Tag Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), circle and stitched circle dies

3 comments

Purple Princess said...

Adorable image! Great card!

Mr. Verve said...

Love this card! Too bad Kellan shared his sickness with me for Father’s Day!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dear - what a time of it!! Love it when cards come together quickly and successfully like that cutie
Blessings
Maxine