Powered by Blogger.

On My Mind

Hi friends! I'm popping in with a quick little card I made with this week's sketch challenge over at Splitcoaststampers, combined with the yellow Diva Inspirations challenge.


This past weekend, Mark and I got a chance to have a little time to ourselves and he graciously tagged along as I snuck into the Craft Warehouse. All their mixed media was on sale 30% off and I just couldn't pass up full size bottles of the Jane Davenport INKredible Inks. I was so giddy about coming home to splash them around, but didn't have much time until yesterday afternoon.

As soon as I saw the sketch at Splitcoaststampers I knew I wanted to do a watercolor wash for the horizontal panel and butterflies for the stars.  I got to work taping off my rectangle, then used the the lemon sorbet and watermelon Inkredible Inks to do the wash. I then colored another strip of paper with the leftover inks and used it to die cut the mini butterflies from the Graceful Butterflies die set.

I embossed the sentiment from the new Hope Lifts set in white on the watercolored panel, then worked on the butterfly accent. The butterfly from Hope Lifts is embossed on white cardstock and on vellum, then cut with the Lifted Hope die set and the Butterfly Dreams die set. I painted with the same inks, then assembled and added some pearl accents.


Finished off the card with chicken wire embossing on the card base, a couple rounded corners and some distressed edges to complete the shabby feel.





Enabler's List
Stamps: Hope Lifts (Verve Stamps)
Paper: white, vellum, smoky slate
Ink: lemon sorbet, watermelon INKredible Inks (Jane Davenport), vellum
Accessories: Lifted Hope, Butterfly Dreams and Graceful Butterflies die sets (A Cut Above by VERVE), chicken wire embossing folder (Cuttlebug), pearls, white embossing powder, paper distresser

And if you're looking to pick up Verve's new release, this weekend is a great time, with free shipping on US orders over $35 placed April 13 - 17, 2018. Click here for deets.

5 comments

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the embossed and layered butterfly and the pretty yellow panel. TFs

Carmela said...

Gorgeous card, Julee and I related to your story about dragging your husband along on your shopping trip!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful color and texture Julee! Yayyy for new goodies too :)

Lucy E. said...

That’s great that your dear hub let you do some crafty shopping on your “date”-Lol! This is a lovely card!

Purple Princess said...

Gorgeous card! I love the yellow!