Powered by Blogger.

Rusted Tag

Hi friends! I'm back again today with another card for the Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.  I've still been having a blast with the new Coffee Please Digital Set. This time I added in a little mixed-media flair with a tag I distressed.



I found a pack of tags at Tuesday Morning the other day and I just loved the dictionary print to them and had to pick up a pack.  When I got home, I decided to pull out some distress oxides and lindy's sprays and get my fingers inky!

I first coated the tag with a very thin layer of heavy gesso, to prep it for the sprays and inks.  I splattered on some orange and yellow sprays, spritzing with water and letting it run, then heat set.  I then sponged on some distress oxides in yellow, orange and brown and spritzed and dried again.  I kept alternating between sprays and oxides until I achieved the look I wanted, then coated the whole thing with some microglaze so it wouldn't react anymore if I ended up adding more later on. I also cut a tag the same size out of chipboard and glued my rusty tag to it to give it a little more heft.


Next I printed out the salted caramel wishes and the wheat cup from the Coffee Please Digital Set on my laser printer and colored with Copics.  I stamped the wreath from Autumn Blessings in archival coffee ink and then colored with copics and cut with the Autumn Thanks Die Set.  I cut the cup with the Pumpkin Spice Die Set, then layered it all together and accented with Nuvo drops on the wreath and the whipped cream and wheat.

I had an orange polka dot leaf die cut on my desk that didn't make it on another project, so I decided to make it match my project.  I sponged on distress oxides until I got the color I wanted, then blended in some inkagold and copper rust paste to give it a little more dimension and texture. I also added some of both of these to the tag to tie it all together.


The background paper was a scrap from years gone by and I really liked the contrast with the tag, so blended some ink onto the edges, wrapped a bit of lace around the front and then splattered with some watered down coffee archival ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you're enjoying the hop. If you'd like to play along for some of the prizes, just ink up a fall coffee/tea/or cocoa project and link it up over on the official Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop post.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Coffee Please Digital SetAutumn Blessings (Verve Stamps)
Paper: dp scraps, DIY Newsprint tag (Studio Calico), white (Neenah)
Ink: laser printer, spiced marmalade, wild honey, walnut stain, antique linen  (Ranger Distress Oxides), Copic markers, Red Hot Poker Orange and Bling-y Blonde sprays (Lindy's Stamp Gang)
Accessories: Pumpkin Spice Die Set, Autumn Thanks Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), paper piercer, twine, stitched square die (Cottage Cutz), Heavy Gesso, Copper Rust Paste (Prima), Inkagold, Micro Glaze (JudiKins), lace, morning dew Nuvo drops (Tonic), paper distresser

17 comments

Karen Letchworth said...

What a fabulous technique, Julee. Your cards amaze me every singe time. LOVE this!
Blessings,
karen

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Stunning card with a fabulous design!!

Traci Cooley said...

Love this technique, I am going to have to work up the courage to try it.

Stacy Sheldon said...

this is so gorgeous :) the colors look like they are glowing

Shanna Slater said...

Oh my goodness....Love this! You created an awesome tag and card

~amy~ said...

Julee, this is a beauty!

New Creations said...

Wow! Amazing textures with beautiful technique, love it!

Becca Yahrling said...

Love your rusted tag, so fabulous and so perfect for Fall. Gorgeous card (and I need to run to Tuesday Morning - love that store!).

Purple Princess said...

Oh salted caramel....... Yummy card!

JoAnn said...

Fabulous card. Love your rustic tag creation.

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is awesome! LOVE it!
Take Care!
Michele

Lori Turner said...

Breathtaking card Julee! LOVE that tag!

Lisa said...

Oh wow! Yummy in so many ways!

Ann said...

Beautiful, love the addition of the tag.

Fikreta said...

this is so pretty card!
love those colors!
and that tag is so great!

Arianna Barbara said...

Awesome tag!!!

Hetty said...

Love your card, Julee. Perfect Fall!