Powered by Blogger.

Easter Basket Ensemble

Hi friends! Today I'm popping in with a few little goodies I made to fill the boys' Easter baskets. They've been super sick the last couple of weeks and were so bummed that they had to miss our annual Easter egg hunt at a friends house last weekend. So I thought I'd add a little bit of handmade goodness to their baskets.



I started with some quick little half size cards. I scored a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of tiptop taupe cardstock in half, then added some designer paper just a smidge smaller for the front of the card.  The tall bunny from Hip Hop Bunnies is stamped in early espresso and then colored with Copics and cut with the coordinating die from the Bunny Hop Die Set.  I stamped the Easter Wishes sentiment on a die cut circle, layered the pieces and was done.


Next I worked on some sweet little triangular treat boxes.  I had been thinking about something I could hide their little Lundt chocolate bunnies in and came across a tutorial from a couple years back by Sam at Pootles. I decided to leave off the extra mat around the designer paper because they're 5 and won't notice anyhow!  {grin}  I stamped and die cut the carrot and hand trimmed the some bunny loves you sentiment into a flag.  I finished off with seam binding ribbon.  My chocolate bunny was a bit thicker, so the bag doesn't close flush like in the tutorial, but I think it still looks super cute.


Finally, my boys are a little bit obsessed with post it notes. They like to make little notes and stick them up all over the house. So I decided to make some little post-it note holders like I had made a while back.  I used the same papers as the other bunny projects, stamping the Hopping by to say hi sentiment directly onto the designer paper.  The bunny is colored with Copics and cut with the coordinating die.


Post-it Holder Instructions:
Starting dimensions: 3.25" x 7.25"
Score at 3.75" and 4"
Use envelope punch board to punch at 0" and 2" on the 3.75" end (this will be your back panel)
Keep the same side up, but spin cardstock 180 degrees and punch at 0" and 2"
Use a paper trimmer or Xacto knife to cut off the excess to create the file folder look on both ends
Round the two right angle corners with the reverse punch on the envelope punch board
Decorate

I added a 3.25" x 2" strip of designer paper to the top inside of the back panel before punching, and then another strip of the same dimensions to decorate the front.

All in all, I think the ensemble turned out pretty cute.  I made up two of everything, and I'm excited to see what the boys think when they see them in their baskets.  I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Thanks for stopping by today!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Hip Hop Bunnies (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Hello Spring (WRMK), tip top taupe (SU!), watercolor paper
Ink: early espresso (SU!), markers (Copic)
Accessories: Bunny Hop Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), stitched circles stax (MFT), envelope punch board (WRMK), seam binding (SU!), post-it notes, Lindt chocolate bunny

2 comments

Purple Princess said...

So cute!!

Lynn said...

Adorable! I'm sure they loved them!