I thought this pretty gingham ribbon I found in the back room would look good with some crisp lines to the layout. The middle panel designer paper has a bunch of ampersands, which I though paired with the sentiment quite nicely. But then, of course, I love how this ribbon ties, so had to make a big old bow, that ended up covering up the ampersands.
Other than what is included in the thank you gift, the only thing I added was a bit of old paper and antique linen distress ink sponged around the edges of each panel. Plus I highlighted the little accents on the sentiment with a gold gel pen. I used an X-Acto knife to cut my mats. Here are measurements if you'd like to try it yourself.
- Trim damask design to 4 x 5.25"
- Trim black cardstock to 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
- Trim ampersand design to 4" x 2-5/8"
- Cut 2 3/4" x 4-1/8" mat for this layer from the center of the black cardstock with X-Acto knife
- Cut a 1/8" mat for printed sentiment from the center of the mat you just cut
- Assemble and share a little blessing with someone special!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I've been super busy with birthday errands for the boys. So hard to believe my little loves turn 5 tomorrow!
Stamps: Lucky Day digital set (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Times & Seasons 2 (Echo Park), pearlized cream cardstock (Paper Accents), black cardstock
Accessories: gingham ribbon (May Arts), X-Acto knife