Powered by Blogger.

Mixed Kindness

Hi friends! I'm popping in today with another card I made for the September Diva Inspirations Challenge. Most of it comes from happy accidents that happened to my papers as I used up excess paint from making my Diva Inspirations Hop card.


 The background is a swirly wonderland.  I actually used cardstock that I stamped out our next release on, then covered with Gesso and stenciled with a scribbles stencil and some modeling paste and mopped up some Lindy's Magicals and then splashed on some liquid watercolors and then splattered some more, and scraped some more gesso until it became a swirly twirly wonderland.

The flowers from Kindness Matters are stamped in tip top taupe on designer paper coated with gesso, then I cut with the Great Kindness Die Set .  I accented with a fun snowflake embellishment I've had around for years, then layered onto a piece of the same designer paper and curled up the edges.  The side lattice piece is a portion of a die cut from the Tim Holtz Mixed Media set, which has been thoroughly covered in gesso and aqua paint, then a bit of Magicals.


I stamped the sentiment in the corner with Onyx Black ink using my MISTI to stamp it 3 times. The MISTI helps so much for getting perfect impressions with thick, uneven surfaces like this mixed-media background.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Hope you're having a fabulous week.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Kindness Matters (Verve Stamps)
Paper: white cardstock, dp scrap, watercolor paper
Ink: onyx black (Versafine), Industrial Chic, Haunted Halloween Magicals (Lindy's Stamp Gang), liquid watercolors (Lakeshore Learning), gesso
Accessories: Great Kindness Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), Mixed Media dies (Tim Holtz), snowflake embellishment (Karen Foster), scribbles embossing folder (Stampers Anonymous), MISTI (My Sweet Petunia), modeling paste

8 comments

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Just amazing mixed media card and how many work on it!

Carrie said...

Wow! This card is amazing! I love the background you created here! And it's always fun to be able to use something that's been in our stash for awhile! The snowflake embellishment is perfect as the center of the flower here!

Karren said...

This is fabulous! I just love how you've used that scribbles stencil with those gorgeous colors - so very cool.

Christine said...

The perfect combination of whimsical color and shabby chic! I love the filigree design on the side and the bling-y center of the flower!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and the flower.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julee, this looks like fun, and I love the results! You are really getting to be a mixed media artist! Well, you are already! But what beautiful colors and such dimension with this fabulous flower! And I love the sentiment because kindness truly does matter! Hugs, sweet friend!

Helen Gullett said...

Wow! This is stunning, Julee!

Zelda said...

This is simply gorgeous!