Powered by Blogger.

Feeling a Little Square

Hi friends, I'm popping in today with a quick little card I made with leftovers and scraps that were on my desk.  There hasn't been much crafting for me lately, I guess I've been feeling like a little square that's supposed to go in a round hole, but can't quite figure out how to go about it!  Every day or so I go sit in the studio for about 5-10 minutes with the intention of stamping and then no motivation comes and I move along.  I've come to know this cycle, and it usually ends up with a wonderful creative outpouring afterwards, but struggling through the "meh" is a bit difficult, and always makes me second guess whether or not I'll ever be creative again.  However, this card came together so easily... especially since all the stamping was done previously! LOL


I had stamped the honeycomb circles and sponged them, as well as cut the bee from The Buzz out with the coordinating The Buzz Die Set.  The sentiment is from the same sent, with the mine portion coming from Twitterpated.  I stamped these all for a Mojo Monday card earlier this month and then decided I wanted them on cream cardstock instead of white, so set these to the side until today.  I matted the circles with some gold vellum pinking circle diecuts and then did a split background of so saffron and strawberry slush, embossed with the chicken wire embossing folder.


Super quick and a fun little valentine! I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Enabler's List
Stamps: The BuzzTwitterpated (Verve Stamps)
Paper: strawberry slush, so saffron (SU!), white (Neenah), gold vellum
Ink: so saffron, blushing bride (SU!), tattered rose distress ink (Ranger), black archival
Accessories: The Buzz Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), classic circles and pinking circles nestabilities (Spellbinders), chicken wire embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

10 comments

SewPaperPaint said...

Julee, this turned out beautifully. My recipe for the creative blues is to try something new or something I haven't done in ages. Just play and not think of the end result. Just make little bits of things. Seems like that is a catalyst for bigger ideas. Also lately I have been starting projects one day, getting stuck, then coming back the next day and figuring out what went wrong. I've done this three times! Sometimes ripping stuff apart, sometimes remaking pieces. Hang in there, you are so right about what's coming next!!! <3

Carrie said...

Julee, this is a lovely card! Sorry to hear you are in the crafting doldrums, but I'm sure the Lord will provide plenty of inspiration in His perfect timing!

JoAnn said...

Love your card. The colors are pretty together. Great that you had the circles and bee already done. Love how you added the gold vellum too.

Marisa said...

If my "meh" looked like this I would be very happy LOL! Hang in there, Julee!! Tomorrow is another day and Spring is coming (oh how I love spring when all my blubs start to grow and bloom after a wet, dark winter). Hoping the "meh" subsides quickly and the creative spurt is out of this world thereafter ((hugs))!!

Lesley said...

It's always rough going through the MEH period! Your card is completely lovely, it's amazing how these little pieces we save from other projects work when we need them to! It's pretty!

Christine said...

Hang in there! I always tell my students that the best ideas come when they think they can't brainstorm any further. It's true of ideas and probably of crafting creativity, too. :)

Maureen said...

this is darling! I need to get this set out for Valentines! I have those moments too…I've learned to go back to the things I love when it happens and then the juices flow again :) ox

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful card Julee - my kind of colors! And I'm going through much the same feelings and have ever since a few weeks before Christmas. I've gone through periods of no creative spark before but it's never lasted this long before. I'm beginning to worry.

D- said...

Love your sweet card. What a wonderful way to use some of your leftovers. Thanks for sharing.
Oh boy do I know that feeling. I'm going through it right now. Mostly mine is due to exhaustion. I've been suffering through sinus issues, bronchitis, stomach flu, cough, severe allergies you name it and I've had it in some form or another since school started in September.
Hang in there. Your creative mojo will be back soon.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Mopslop said...

I love the combination of the honeycomb and chicken wire!