I flipped the sketch horizontally to fit the images and sentiment I wanted to use. I've been having a bit of fun with watercolors in my art journal lately, so decided to use a few watercolor techniques on this card. The heart from More than Love is inked in the center with worn lipstick distress ink, then around the edges with fired brick. I cut it out with the coordinating Wavy Hearts Die Set, then used a water brush to color in the larger heart.
For the sentiment panel, I loaded up an acrylic block with some worn lipstick and fired brick distress ink, then spritzed with some water and applied to watercolor paper. Then once that was dry, I dripped a bit of water droplets on it, to add to the effect. Stamped the happy valentine's day sentiment in archival black ink, then lightly rubbed the edges of the panel with worn lipstick ink and lightly distressed the edges.
The black panel is embossed with an embossing folder that I rubbed with a white gelato, then ran through the machine and used a water brush to blend a bit. I added the banners from watercolor paper, embossed with hearts and then colored with some of the leftover worn lipstick and fired brick ink and a water brush. Finished with a hand cut vellum banner stamped with the be mine sentiment.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic start to your week!
|Mojo Monday 383|
Stamps: More than Love (Verve)
Paper: watercolor card stock (Ranger), basic black (SU!), cream (Neenah), vellum
Ink: worn lipstick, fired brick distress ink and black archival ink (Ranger), gelato (Faber-Castell)
Accessories: Wavy Hearts Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), sewing machine, heart embossing folders (Sizzix), water brush, paper distresser