Powered by Blogger.

Making Up for Mondays

Hi friends!  It's Monday again and time for a brand new Mojo Monday sketch.  And since it's the first Monday of a new month, that means it's contest time and there are Verve prizes up for grabs.  And with last weekend's new release, there's a whole lot more Verve to choose from!


For today's card, I used the new One Cup set.  It's been a looooong couple of weeks at my house with no nanny, a huge release and a few days of sickness and I have to admit this stack of cups is pretty much what my kitchen counter looked like last night!  {wink}  Anyhow, I started with the nature's way of making up for Mondays sentiment because I thought it was very fitting for a Monday card.  Next I stamped a trio of mugs in the corner and I liked how it looked, so decided to do a little masking and stamp the cup trio 4 times staggered, then color with prismacolor pencils and gamsol.  Because I couldn't bear to cover up any of the teacups, I flipped the sketch on its side.

Next I stamped the separate tea sentiment on a 1-3/8" circle, then also stamped the tea tag on the end of the tea loop for a fun look.  I added a square of script black vellum paper, then a seam binding bow from the Truly Madly Deeply Ribbon Collection, then finished off with some splatters with some watered down black soot distress stain.

For a truer representation of this week's Mojo Monday sketch, I'll show you the card that inspired the sketch, which I posted last week during our release previews.  It  uses the new Framed Lilies set. I liked how it came together and thought it would be a fun sketch for everyone to play with.  I hope you enjoy it!

Click here for original post
Thanks so much for stopping by!  If  you haven't checked it out already, be sure to pop on over to the Verve store to see all our brand new releases and take advantage of our Labor Day Sale going on through September 4.

Verve Stamps Labor Day Sale

Enabler's List
Mojo Monday 361
Stamps: One Cup (Verve Stamps)
Paper: soft sky, basic gray (SU!), black vellum Script (JoAnn)
Ink: black soot, pumice stone (Ranger Distress), prismacolor pencils, red spica glitter pen
Accessories: Truly Madly Deeply Ribbon Collection (Verve), paint brush, gamsol & blending stump, circle punch and circle die, corner rounder

10 comments

CathyP said...

Oh, Julee! Those cards are really fabulous! I love the subtle grunge with the splashes of brown. But...that bow! Wowza! It's spectacular!

Lynn said...

Love all those stacked up tea cups. Can't wait to play along with my set when it arrives :) Love your adorable card and hears hoping for a smoother week!

JoAnn said...

Love both of your cards.

Marisa said...

Hopefully you can take a breath and relax a bit this week, Julee ((hugs))!! Love the stacked cups and pop of red in the bow :)

Celeste Goff said...

What great cards! I love the splattered background on the first card!

Vickie Z said...

I adore the colors and all those masked cups....fabulous!!

D- said...

I sure do LOVE those sweet stacked teacups. Love your cute card. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Brenda said...

I love the way you switched up the sketch. Your card is so cute!

Stampingcountry said...

Fun and cute! Like your stacked cups.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Oh, boy, do I hear you! Things will be back to normal in no time. You made a simply beautiful card despite the craziness! I just adore the one with the dirty dishes, I mean MUGS! ;)