Powered by Blogger.

Linen White Glitter

Hi friends! It's Monday again already, and that means it's time for a new Mojo Monday sketch.  This week, I kept the sketch simple, so you can dress it up or down to your heart's content.


When I sat down to stamp, I didn't really have a plan, just a couple of new things on my desk that I wanted to test out.  One was a wink of stella clear brush pen and the other was some Dylusions linen white ink spray.  So I decided to color a flower to see how sparkly the glitter pen would be.  Pulled out On Occasion and stamped two of the flower images on white cardstock, colored with Copics, added some glitter pen accents and fussy cut.

Next I stamped the frame from On Occasion and cut with the matching Occasion Frame Die, then stamped the Be Okay sentiment in the center and added some orange and glitter highlights.  The banner sentiment is from Small Phrases and I hand trimmed the banner.  For the look of two panels with only one, I stamped the loopy border stamp directly on some kraft cardstock, then added a strip of washi tape and crimped just up to the washi tape line.  I masked off this portion, then sprayed the white linen spray on the top portion.  Love the look.  Some walnut stain sponging around the edges of my layers and I was done.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you have a fabulous start to your week!

Mojo Monday 358
Enabler's List
Stamps: On OccasionBe OkaySmall Phrases (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Loyal (Authentique), crumb cake (SU!), white
Ink: Black, Copic markers, Linen White spray (Dylusions), Wink of stella clear brush pen (Zig), walnut stain distress ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Occasion Frame Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), washi tape, paper crimper

9 comments

Lynn said...

The white linen looks gorgeous and the pop of color against all the neutrals is perfect in my book Julee.

JoAnn said...

Love everything about your card, especially the pretty flower, partially crimped layer and the sentiment. The white linen looks great on the kraft layer.

Crestajune said...

Fabulous card, Julee! Love the colors and sentiments. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Ginger said...

Beautiful card and great sketch! I am looking forward to playing this week. I also love the saying on your card! It can be used in some many ways!

Marisa said...

Wonderful as always, Julee :) Great idea to crimp the bottom of that panel - note to self to CASE that fabulous idea :) Wishing you a wonderful week ((hugs))!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Just beautiful! I love the sparklies from your new stash!

Small Talk Mama said...

Beautiful card! I especially love the paper -- it looks so classic and comfy. The pop of orange is also wonderful.

D- said...

I LOVE how it turned out. Isn't Wink of Stella fun. Hard to photograph but if we know it's there we can imagine it. Thanks so much for sharing your talents and your time.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Kathy said...

That loopy border with sentiment inside is so much fun! And I like how the flower petals sort of echo the wiggly lines. Great that you explained about the linen spray, all in all, a sweet card.