Hearty Giftcard Holder

Hi friends!  Happy Saturday!  I'm popping in today with a fun little matchbook style gift card holder using the Envelope Punch Board.


I watched a video tutorial by Jackie Topa, wrote down measurements and then when I sat down to make my little matchbook gift card holder, I realized my Scor-pal didn't have a score line where I needed to score and the mental math portion of my brain apparently spontaneously combusted.  LOL  So, I tried again and made the mistake in the other direction.  I'm blaming it on no sleep, cold medicine, cranky twins, a whole lot of work  and not nearly enough pumpkin pie.  {grin}

Anyhow, to salvage my project I made some adjustments to make it into a square matchbook. Here are my measurements, if you end up wanting a square gift card holder.  My finished project is 4.25" square.  My starting piece was 4.25" x 8.75" and I scored at 1-3/4", 6" and 6-1/8".

The soft suede matchbook layer is stamped with the heart from Chevron Love in Early Espresso.  I added a little decor to the opening of my matchbook as well.  The hearts are cut with the Heart Quartet Die, then I paper pieced the designer paper hearts into the crumb cake layer, adding a bunch of sponging.  The sentiment is also from  Chevron Love and is on a cut from the Flag It Die Set.


For the inside, I chose a fun little print for the liner.  Pay no attention to the ugly fake amex card that I use to scrape paint off my projects with.  I was using it for size reference and meant to switch it out to a real gift card before photos, but it just didn't happen.

Today (Saturday, Nov. 30) is the final day of our 50% off deals at Verve, so if you haven't had a chance to shop yet, now's your chance!


Enabler's List
Stamps: Chevron Love (Verve Stamps)
Paper: soft suede, crumb cake, early espresso (SU!), Bramble Rose (MME), 25th and Pine (BasicGrey)
Ink: early espresso (SU!), Vintage Photo Distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Heart Quartet DieFlag It Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), Envelope Punch Board (WRMK), Classic & Scallop Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Scor-Pal

4 comments

  1. This is adorable! I love that you made it square and didn't give up on it! Don't you hate it when you measure wrong, though? My favorite is when I line up the cardstock SOOOO carefully, cut it and then realize that I cut it 1/2" short. Grrrr!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for boo-boos turning into creations :) Love those hearts and how you turned this into a wonderful gift card holder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julee,

    When you have a minute please visit here http://circleofblissprayer.blogspot.ca/2013/11/julee-tilman.html

    I hope you enjoy. Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a wonderful gift holder. I love the use of the Chevron Heart. Way to go in figuring out a way to salvage your project and turn it into something so great.......I probably would have given up long before that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.

Back to Top