Powered by Blogger.

For Fun

Already Wednesday?  What a crazy week.  My littles have been asserting their 19 month independence lately and it's beyond exhausting.  Seriously, bone weary exhausting.  So I haven't had much time for stamping lately.  I found this card using Geared Up in my photo archives that never made it to my blog, so I thought I'd share it today.


I needed a birthday card for a 1 year old girl and so I decided to dress my retro bot in pink and black.  The photo looks a little off in color, but the two tones I used were strawberry slush and blushing bride.  I thought the number fit well in the little embossed hexagons, so stamped it repeatedly in a little pattern as the background for the card.  The bot from Geared Up is stamped on blushing bride and I paper pieced the body and hat for a little dimension and easy color.  The body is stamped lightly with some of the smaller gear shapes, then I added the 1 to the center.  The sentiment is stamped onto a die cut from the Flag-It Die Set and I paper pieced one of the gear stamped images onto a black pinking circle for a fun paper embellishment.  I finished off with some Pastel Sequin Mix and a Metal Mix Sequin.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Geared Up (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Blushing Bride, Strawberry Slush, basic black (SU!)
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Blushing Bride, Black (SU!)
Accessories: Flag it Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), Pastel Sequin Mix (Verve), 
Metal Mix (Verve), Pinking Circles Nestabilites (Spellbinders)

6 comments

Sari said...

Cute card, really loving the sequins. Hang in there!

Patti J said...

Cute as can be! And what fun adding sequins! Thanks for sharing :-)

Marisa said...

Love the monochromatic card and the 1's in the hexagon BG are fabulous :)

Carole said...

So darn cute Julee! Wouldn't this be a great birthday card for a little one, TFS ... Carole

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cute card Julee. Great textures and colors.

D- said...

I can certainly understand. While I don't have a little one under foot at home anymore I am a teacher... I totally love my job but it can sure be an energy suck. lol.
Crafting will wait for you. Enjoy those sweet little ones they'll be grown before you know it. {mine is 24}
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot