Powered by Blogger.

Spread Your Wings

**For my CASE Study blog hop post CLICK HERE**
**For my Verve Diva Inspirations blog hop post CLICK HERE**

Hi friends!  I'm popping in with a quick little clean & simple card I made for this week's CAS232 challenge over on SCS.  The inspiration was the lyrics of a song, which has the line, "spread your wings little butterfly".  Well, I just happened to have a leftover book paper butterfly and the Wings of Love set still on my desk, so I took it as the universe telling me I needed to take a break and make a card!


This butterfly is made with just 2 of each size of the All Aflutter Die Set cut from book paper.  Not as full as my last one, but just as pretty!  I used rhinestones for its body and a Scalloped Trim Trio die cut that didn't make it onto another card down the side of the card, then added the sentiments from Wings of Love  (which just happens to be 50% off during Verve's 6th Anni-VERVE-sary sale!!!) onto a white card base and accented with sequins and onyx liquid pearls.

Me thinks it's not too shabby coming from an anti-CAS stamper.  Sometimes its fun to spread my wings! {grin}

Enabler's List
Stamps: Wings of Love (Verve Stamps)
Paper: White, book paper
Ink: Black, Taken with Teal
Accessories: Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set, All Aflutter Die Set (A Cuta Bove by VERVE), sequins, rhinestones, liquid pearls (Ranger)

6 comments

Julia Aston said...

Love your cool text butterfly Julee! and all the sweet bling!

Sarah Gough said...

Gorgeous!!! Love that text butterfly.

Marisa said...

Just LOVE that text butterfly!! Meeeeep!! Lovely touch with the half pearls down the edge of the scalloped circle die too!

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous! Simple and lovely! :)

Ravengirl said...

This is very sweet! Perfectly CAS!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful card, Julee. Your layered butterfly is gorgeous! Wonderful CAS card!