Powered by Blogger.

Birthday Blooms

Hi friends!  It's time for another Mojo Monday sketch and this week's sketch is a flipped version of a card I made for the last Verve release.  I thought the way the borders and ribbon layered was super fun and wanted to try it again.


My Mom's birthday is this week, so I used the sketch to make a card and then made a matching little money holder gift for her.  I had to change the proportions of my layers a bit because for some reason my DIY Shop paper pad only had 1 sheet of this fun aqua floral paper included.  The stamps used are from the Hope Blooms set.  These flowers are some of my all time favorites.  I just love to cut them on each petal for a fringey effect.  The borders are a die cut portion from the Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set matched back to back with Laurie' Willison's Scalloped Card Hanger Die, then accented with flatback pearls and liquid pearls.  The ribbon is from the Signature Ribbon Collection.  I added a few accents on each big scallop with the snowflake from Glad Tidings, then used the same stamp and coordinating Snowflake Tidings Die Set for the leaves on my flower.  Some pearl clusters and distressing finish off the card.

For the matching money holder I used a 6.25" x 2.75" piece of crumbcake, scored 3" from each end.  I added a 2 7/8" x 2 5/8" piece of dp to the front, then stamped the birthday sentiment on a 2.75" x 1.75" piece of white cardstock.  The flowers are cut from DP with the Floral Circles Die Set and then I cut in between each petal for a fringe look, layering on dimensionals.  The money is held inside with a thin piece of ribbon that I wrapped around the gutter and tied inside, then accented the ribbon, flower center and sentiment with pearls.  So quick and easy, but I love how it turned out.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Please be sure to stop by the Mojo Monday blog to see what the rest of the team has come up with for this sketch.  And if you're on Facebook, I've just created a Mojo Monday facebook page.  I'll be linking up our sketches, favorite entries and mojo news there, so be sure to like us if you want to be in the know!

Enabler's List
Card:
Stamps: Hope Blooms, Glad Tidings (Verve Stamps)
Paper: DIY Shop (Crate Paper), Crumb cake, Early espresso, coastal cabana (SU!), white
Ink: Early espresso, Coastal cabana (SU!), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set, Snowflake Tidings Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), Signature Ribbon Collection (Verve), Scalloped Card Hanger Die (Soapbox Creations), Rosa embossing folder (Cuttlebug), pearls, pearl clusters (Recollections), Liquid Pearls (Ranger)

Money Holder:
Stamps: Hope Blooms (Verve Stamps)
Paper: DIY Shop (Crate Paper), Crumb cake (SU!), white
Ink: Early espresso (SU!), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  Floral Circles Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), ribbon (SU!), pearls, Scor-pal


12 comments

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous combo, Julee! Wonderful looking sketch too!

Kristine Porter said...

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous! Love the colors! The flowers, borders and embellishments are perfect!

Ravengirl said...

This is beautiful! Off to check out the new FB page for Mojo Monday!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Just divine! Love how you used the pearls and all the sweet details! Lovely flowers and I love the snowflake leaves!

Marisa said...

Doing a happy dance at the colour combo and love the touch of pearls in the corner. Fabulous work as always.

D- said...

Beautiful! I love the colors on these. The pearls add a gorgeous elegance to your card. TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Crestajune said...

Amazing work, as always, Julee! I love the way you created the pearl cluster in the corner... just awesome! Hooray for the Mojo Monday Facebook page--how fun! Have a fantastic day!

Wanda Cullen said...

So stunning! Especially love the sweet corner detail with the turned down paper and pearls! I'll bet your mom LOVED this card!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Gorgeous card, Julee! I love the floral pattern paper with the brown paper. The brown give it a vintage feel to the card. The ribbon bow is so pretty and I love all the pearls. Thanks for the inspiration!

Janine said...

Gorgeous - love the depth of colour

Janelle Stollfus said...

I think this color combo and that flower is my new favorites! You enabler!