Powered by Blogger.

The Colors of Spring

Hi friends! It's Monday again already and time for another Mojo Monday sketch! This week's design is from my messy craft desk! {grin} Seriously, I spent most of last week's nap time and sleeping time planning the boys' birthday party and making all sorts of projects (water bottle covers, stickers for bottles of bubbles, treat favor bags, a happy birthday banner, cupcake toppers, noisemakers and table tent cards). Then we were running behind setting everything up, and people arrived and the party went so fast and I'm not even sure if we have pictures of it all. Might have to do a fake photo shoot of what's left. :)



Anyhow, amidst all of that I took a break early last week to do something with stamps (most of the party stuff was designing printables and assembling with die cuts) and this card is what came from that crafting session. These papers from the 5th and Frolic pad were calling my name... so springy and fun. I pulled out the Surely Goodness set and got inky! The banana layer and the white layer are randomly stamped with the largest flower from the set and I added the It is well sentiment in black. The flower is stamped three times. I cut the smallest by hand, die cut the middle layer (with the Goodness Flowers Die Set), then hand cut the largest layer and used a black Goodness Flowers die cut to mat it on. The border uses the circle scallops from the Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set and I used some of the circle punch outs from that die to mat the rhinestone trio in the bottom corner. A big fluffy double bow and the card was done.

I hope you have a fabulous start to your week. I'm going to take a little time to rest up from the sleepless week I had and then try to get back into the drawing room to design the next batch of Verve!

Enabler's List
Stamps:
Surely Goodness (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Fifth & Frolic (American Crafts), Black, Barely Banana (SU!)
Ink: Groovy Guava, Pool Party, Barely Banana (SU!), black
Accessories: Goodness Flowers Die Set, Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), rhinestones, ribbon

19 comments

Lynn said...

Love the colors...yummy! And these blooms are beyond fabulous! Hope the twins party was a blast!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow this is stunning - the flowers are just gorgeous and I LOVE the ribbon treatment!

Mary Ann said...

Oh Wow!Very pretty,Love your flowers,and your paper....

Rhonda said...

The circle scallop is perfect with these flowers. Lovely card Julee. Happy Bday to the boys.

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card I love this sketch

Marisa said...

I'm swooning over this card, Julee!! It's gorgeous and the black just pops. Love the focal flower and the additional outlines you stamped on the sentiment panel. Of course, that polka dotted bow is to die for!

Glad you survived all the prep and festivities! Now rest up a bit so you don't get sick! Hugs to you!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Julee! Love the mix of colors and the pops of black!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the flower and your bow.

Lisa Lynn said...

Julee your card is stunning! You have a great sketch. Love how you stamped the flowers in blue and popped the flower in the corner.

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness that is a stunning card! I just bought this set and I love it! I really love what you have done with it here. I'll be casing this for sure! Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Julee, this is beautiful! Love all those layers and patterns!! Gorgeous layered flower and fantastic bow!!! Wow!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Totally loving your take on the sketch. From the colors, to the sentiment to the embellishments. Love it all.

Ravengirl said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I hope you enjoyed the birthday party, at least a little bit!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love that gorgeous polka dotted ribbon...really packs a WOW factor! Also love the BG stamping of the flower image! A really gorgeous creation!

Kristine Porter said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love everything about it!

Stacey Schafer said...

so beautiful, Julee! this is my new fave stamp set:)

Teresa Zuehls said...

I love that beautiful polka dot bow and what lovely layers of ink and paper flowers. Beautiful take on the sketch.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors!

Sarah Gough said...

Look at that bow! Gorgeous, and I love how the new flowers look as a BG