Powered by Blogger.

Cherish

Hi friends!  The weekend flew by and it's Monday again already.  I hope you had a fantastic weekend.  I enjoyed a little bit of downtime and am looking forward to relaxing my schedule a bit in the coming weeks as all work and no play has made Julee a very dull (and exhausted) girl.  LOL

Since it's Monday, that means there's a new Mojo Monday sketch over on the Mojo blog.  Be sure to check out what the rest of the team has created as inspiration with the sketch, then give it a go yourself to start your week off with a little creativity!


For my card I used the newly released Wings of Love set and the gorgeous Devotion papers from Creative Imaginations.  The winged heart is stamped onto a Nestabilities Circle, then I paper pieced the heart and stamped a little cherish banner across it, before adding diamond stickles to the wings to make them sparkle.  I used a little flourish die to mimic a little arrow, then finished off with an embossing folder on the bottom layer, a border punch and two types of ribbon.  Pretty simple, but classy.

That's all from me today.  Have a fantastic start to your week!  Thanks so much for stopping by!


Enabler's List:
Stamps:  Wings of Love (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Devoted (Creative Imaginations), Black, Cream
Ink: Black, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  Classic & Scallop Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Vintage Flourish Die-namics (MFT), striped ribbon (SU!), wrinkled ribbon (May Arts), dotted wave border punch (EK Success), embossing folder (Sizzix), Diamond Stickles (Ranger)

13 comments

Debbie Carriere said...

beautiful, Julee!!! Love the embossed background and can't wait to get this stamp set!! Great sketch, too :). Have a relaxing week!!!

Tricia T said...

Very, very pretty, Julee! I hope you get some rest and relaxation in this week!

Tricia

Crestajune said...

I love your card! The new Wings of Love set is fabulous! I am going to have to get it soon. I love this week's sketch, too! I am off to create! Have a wonderful day, Julee, thanks for inspiring me today!

Marisa said...

There is that fabulous wide, striped ribbon again! Looks fabulous and the colour combo is yummy. Great card as always. Glad to hear you got a bit of down time and hoping things can slow down a bit now that all the "big events" are behind you. Have a great week and thanks for the addy :)

Jenny Engelke said...

WOW! This is totally gorgeous! I love the distressed backround layer! Fabulous!

Ann Marie Governale said...

What a beautiful card!

Ravengirl said...

This is lovely! I like the concept of the flourish representing the arrow. Very clever!

Vintage Rose said...

Love this card. Very pretty.

Jen Shults said...

This is great! I love the embossing folder and the great layering of the heart/circle/iron scroll die cut...looks fantastic!

Totty Teabag said...

Love the subdued colours.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julee.

Hugs Riet.xx

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Julee, love the colour combination you used and the fabulous textured background.

Unknown said...

This is such a relaxing card. You've done a great job! -Dana