Powered by Blogger.

Calypso Poppy Love

Hi friends!  Happy Tuesday!  I'm here changing up the scenery again with this card I made for the last release but hadn't shared here yet.  It features the new You and I set and the coordinating I Heart U Die Set.


I wanted a graphic look to go with the big bold letters, so I pulled out some texty designer papers, then added some distressing around the edges.  For that worn look, I took a piece of washi tape and stuck it down, then pulled it off repeatedly to reveal the white core of the pattern paper.  The heart, and the letters i and u from the You and I set were stamped, then cut out with the I Heart U Die Set.  I stamped the words love and You in the heart and on the letter u respectively, then added some bling to the i, some ruffled ribbon and a scallop border.

I can't believe August is almost over!  Our Anni-VERVE-sary sale ends tomorrow, so if you haven't had a chance to pick up our new releases or any of our older sets during the sale, time is ticking away.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a fabulously creative day.

Enabler's List:
Stamps: You and I (Verve Stamps)
Paper: White Basics (BasicGrey), In Color Patterns DSP, Basic Black (SU!), White
Ink: Jet Black Archival (Ranger), Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral (SU!)
Accessories: I Heart U Die Set, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Scallop Edge Border punch, Poppy Parade ribbon (SU!), rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty)

9 comments

Marisa said...

Love the bling on the i and the love and you on the heart and letter U. Lovely touch with the distressing too. Great card as always :)

Shantaie said...

love your distressed paper, and that stamp- die combo!!!...whats not to love?!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So gorgeous!!

Indy's Designs said...

Love how you did the ribbon! The colors are fab and the worn look. This is going to make someone very happy!

EmbossingQueen said...

I love the ruffled ribbon. Are there any tricks you use to get it sitting so nicely?

Shannan Teubner said...

DUDE! This is awesome! And I am in awe of the washi tape trick...duh! I love that!

Janelle Stollfus said...

I'm with Shannan on the worn paper look using the wash tape. It looks fantastic on this card!

Dawn Easton said...

Love how you distressed the pattern paper...brilliant idea! The boldness of this card is so fun!! I can't stop using this stamp set and die....LOVE it!

José said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the papers and the distressing of it. Those dies are so cool!