Powered by Blogger.

Summertime Tea

Hi y'all!  Happy Saturday!  I hadn't planned on posting today but last night I got a little stamping time in before Mark got home from work and I love how my card turned out.  It's VSN over at Splitcoaststampers, which means there's lots of fun challenges going on this weekend.



The AUG10VSNA challenge was to make a clean & simple (CAS) card inspired by food that reminds you of summer.  I just love sitting out on the patio in the cool morning sun drinking tea, so I pulled out A Cup of Life and got inky!  The teapot is a little retro, so I knew I wanted a vintage look to my card.  I stamped the teapot and cup in black, embossed in clear and then colored and shaded with Copic markers.  The steam is stamped in pumice stone and embossed in clear, then I added the two sentiments in cherry cobbler and black and sponged around the edges of my Labels 12 die with Pumice Stone distress ink.  I added a black mat with some little white gel pen dotted accents, then cut into some of my new favorite paper from the gorgeous Lost & Found line by My Mind's Eye.  For a little flair, I ruffled a bit of ribbon I thought matched the teapot and tied it together on one end with some linen thread and a button.  I finished off with a curled corner up top and three little red rhinestones to highlight the sentiment. And I was done in just over 35 minutes, which means it's totally CAS for me!  LOL 

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a fabulous day!

10 comments

Lynn Mercurio said...

OMGosh, Julee - this is just adorable. Love the way you tied in the stripes with the ribbon and your tea set. Amazing creativity!

delightfuldaisy said...

Beautiful card! The color combo is stunning!

My Inkie Fingers said...

Jules! I am totally loving the way the ribbon matches the Tea Pot!!

(I have Blog Candy) *grin*

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a tea-rific card! Sorry...couldn't help myself! Love how great that ribbon looks with the stripes in the teapot!

Maureen said...

oh, a cup of tea sounds delicious as we're having a cold snap here...it feels like October instead of a hot August. Love the pops of cherry cobbler (which would go great with tea!! LOL) and how the ribbon matches the stamps :)

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Julee.

Hugs Riet.xx

Beverly said...

Oh wow!!
I love the continuity of this card. The ribbon just ties right in with the image, and the background papers are great with it!

Keva said...

That's just beautiful. I love that ribbon and your shadowing is so perfect! A tutorial on how you shade so perfectly would be AWESOME! :)

Linda Carson said...

WOW! You made this beauty in 35 minutes? You're amazing! Beautiful artwork!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Sigh, gorgeous! LOVE the ribbon. . .it's just perfect!