Powered by Blogger.

Missing You

Happy Thursday!  I'm just popping in with a quick little card I made from scraps left over from my color throwdown card.



The scraps laying on my desk just called my name, and so I fiddled with them for a couple minutes until I arrived at a layout I liked, then just matted them all in black and added to a Baja Breeze layer embossed with a Tim Holtz Texture Fades folder.  The chipboard star was already covered, but didn't get used on my other card.  I stamped the flourish from Blue Skies on the star in Regal Rose, then on the Celery layer in the background and in black on the real red DP.  The sentiment is from Always on My Mind and to accessorize I just added some thin polka dot ribbon and a couple black buttons. And there you have it, my scrappy little 20 minute card!  Hope you're having a fabulous day!  My big box of Stampin' Up! stuff with all the new colors just arrived, so I can't wait to dive in!

What's In It?
Stamps: Always on My Mind, Blue Skies (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Prints Palette DP, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Basic Black (SU!)
Ink: Certainly Celery, Regal Rose (SU!), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories: Chipboard star (Bazzill), polka dot ribbon, buttons, Stardust Stickles, Dot Matrix Texture Fades (Tim Holtz)

4 comments

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Julee. Love how the black makes it pop. Fun EF folder too! Lucky you to get some happy mail! Looking forward to yoru creations with your new goodies :D

Off to splash in the kiddie pool with the kids to try to stay cool - it's 30C here (92F) and we are NOT used to these types of temps! Summer has come with a bang! We set an all time high here yesterday as did 30 other places in BC.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

What a great card! I am waiting for my SU box to arrive too. It should be here on Monday and I'm looking foward to playing with the new colors too!

Sal-Gal said...

This card would make a lovely sketch card contest!! Really like the bold colours you used.rea

Sal-Gal said...

Sorry about the mis-type at the end of my last post. It was actually part of the word verification and I didn't realise I was still in the typing box!! lol