Powered by Blogger.

Birthday Wishes

Happy Tuesday! I'm having a blast hanging out with Laurie in Montana, and thought I'd pop in to change up the scenery and share this card I made a few days before I left.
I was playing around with some Waltzingmouse Stamps that had been sitting uninked on my desk.  I started with the sentiment and small flourish from Fancy Phrases stamped in Faded Denim and Crushed Olive.  Next I rounded the corners of this panel and matted with navy.  For the label, I stamped the gorgeous frame from Very Vintage Labels No. 5 and cut out with the coordinating Nestabilities Label 5 and matted on olive cardstock.  The grid lines on the bottom half of the card are stamped with one of the backgrounds in the Off Beat Background set.  I finished off the card with some Beaux Art ribbon and a little pearl cluster to set off the sentiment.

Okay, that's all for now.  Back to my awesome vacation, already in progress!  :)

14 comments

Marisa said...

You are going to turn into a cowgirl real soon with all those visits up to see Laurie in Montana :D Glad you are able to get away - enjoy some well deserved R & R :D

Sue from Oregon said...

This is beautiful...love how you grouped the pearls.

delightfuldaisy said...

BEAUTIFUL card! Love the colors, the layout, and the stamps! :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous card Julee. Love the pearl cluster, it's genius!

Miss Vink said...

very sweet card....

Sharyn said...

So pretty and the pearls are the perfect touch.

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is yummy.....love all the little pearls nested together!

LaurieJ said...

Love the card! I have a question for you - how did you manage to line up the grid pattern so perfectly (I'm assuming it was stamped twice)? Is there a trick? I have Offbeat Backgrounds as well and haven't had very good luck matching up my grid. Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Laurie

Anonymous said...

I love this card !! It's so beautiful !!

Ravengirl said...

What a gorgeous card! So inspiring!!! I hope you are having a ton of fun!

Kerri said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, Julee! Love the layout, and those pearls! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!!

Lorie M aka MelodyGal said...

What a pretty card! I love the colors and your focal point. I didn't think we would hear from you while on vacation, so it was great to see your card. Sounds like a really fun time with Laurie.

Cassie_lu said...

love the cluster of pearls you used. amazing card

Heidi said...

this card is beautiful, love the grouping of pearls. Have fun!