Powered by Blogger.

Little Round Things


Hey all! Happy Friday! Amber's on vacation this week, so I'm filling in for her as this week's Viva la Verve hostess. Here's the sketch and my {twist} for the week is to use little round things. Brads, beads, buttons, pearls, rhinestones, dew drops, punches, eyelets - there are so many fun little things you can add! I hope you have fun with it! For those of you new to Viva la Verve!, if you participate in all of the Friday VLV challenges during the month, you're entered in a drawing to win our next entire Verve release! This is the first sketch for September, so you've got a fresh start!

The sketch was inspired by my desire to showcase this cool border punch I picked up at Michael's the other day. It's by EK success and I just love the little scallop curves to it. I had these colors on my desk from some previous projects, so I just went with it. The flower is from the Budding Blossoms set and are cut and embossed with the Nestabilities long rectangles. I then stponged some soft sky and kiwi kiss along the edges for the grass and sky.


The sentiment is from the A Cup of Life set and is framed with a metal frame from the Styled Vanilla Hardware kit by SU! I added a white taffeta bow, then accented with a quilting pin I beaded up with pearls and used an earring back as a stopper. Then I covered with two Martha Stewart butterfly punches (one painted with Shabby Shutters crackle paint and then inked with Kiwi Kiss.

The final touches were some dazzling diamonds and diamond glaze on the flower buds and a trio of dew drops up top. Okay, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

17 comments

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Love it! And now I have to go get that punch.... fabulous card!

Ravengirl said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! I can wait to play!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous, Julee! I just got that punch recently and I love it, too!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty Julee!! Love the colors and the scalloped layers!

Maureen said...

this is so fun, Julee! I can't wait to play today :) Love your gorgeous round details :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Girl!! What you do with colors!! Love the color combo! And that butterfly on the pin...absolutely the charmingest!! Darling card!!

Kerri said...

This is sooo gorgeous, Julee! I LOVE these colors, and the punched borders look fabulous! I just picked up the Martha Stewart version : )

Amy Sheffer said...

Gasp!!! This is gorgeous! I've never really paid much attention to that border punch -- until now! Really lovin' those colors!

Cheryl said...

Hi Julee! I've been on vaca and have missed your posts! Seeing them now inspires me to get into my scrap-room ASAP and get busy! As always, your creations are just beautiful!

Jackie Pedro said...

Completely gorgeous, Julee! LOVE the colors!

Jen Tapler said...

Stunning as always!! LOVE the colors!! :-) And I need to know the name of that punch so I can try to find it online - it's AWESOME!!! (sadly, no Michael's here).

Betty Wright said...

Fabulous sketch, Julee!! Your card and details are wonderful!!!

Radha said...

Hey Julee!
Do u usually post your sketches here???
That would make my life a way... better... I'm still such a babie...:( in the tech-world...:)

Radha said...

http://pearltouch.blogspot.com/

PLEASE see your sketch on my blog:)

Please!!!
Is old but I had to play... verve is my fav!
The sketches are on it own so so beautiful!!!

TannyP said...

Your cards always amaze me, Julee & this is no exception. STUNNING!

Anonymous said...

Damn girl, this rocks! I love that sketch, I so wish I would have had more time this week, nuts at work! Anyway, wanted to tell you I love this one, way to go!

Radha said...

Hey Verve Lady!!!
Here is mine http://pearltouch.blogspot.com/2009/09/always-always-always.html