Powered by Blogger.

Poinsettia Joy

Happy Tuesday, everyone! This week is a super busy one, so I'm gonna keep the chatter to a minimum and just show you the cards. :)

I am absolutely in love with this Elegant Christmas set from The Cat's Pajamas. Here's another card that kind of just made itself, using the poinsettias from this set. I started by stamping the large and small poinsettias in Crimson Red Versafine ink and cutting them out. Next I decided I wanted them to look kind of frosted over, so I painted them with Pearlescent Watercolors. I used my new Labels 1 Nestabilities, and then sponged the edges of the cream panel with Rich Cocoa Memento ink. The papers are from the Cosmo Cricket Wonderland paper pad, and the ribbon is some dark chocolate satin from the Target Wedding section. The sentiment is stamped in Vintage Cream acrylic paint.

19 comments

Sophie said...

Wow!!! I love it!!! Very beautiful!! Good job!!

Stef H said...

WOW! That shimmer is gorgeous - as is the whole card! Beautiful!

Stef H

Dawn Easton said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Julee!

Jeanette - said...

Love the shimmery poinsettia, the card is gorgeous!!

Shannan Teubner said...

SHUT UPPPPP This is gorgeous, Julee!

Christi Flores said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is amazing!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

Julee! This is breathtaking!!! Hugs,

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!!! That flower is amazing!

dpkennedy said...

Oh I just love the shimmer on that flower-gorgeous card!

tiggertastic said...

oh this is stunning

sarah x

Anonymous said...

I would love to get that card in the mail at Xmas!! LOL Great job girlfriend!

Myrt said...

....gorgeous card, Julee - very rich looking!

Deborah said...

Gorgeous! Love your flower! Deb

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card, Julee! I have this set on my wish list thanks to a certain enabler...LOL!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my, how beautiful! Love those colors!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Julee, LOVE the gorgeous design and images!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,
Jennifer :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW! Love the effect of the pearlescent watercolours...that is just plain magnificent! I just have to have them now that I've seen this!!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous card!!

Anonymous said...

Bonjour, c'est vraiment très beau very beaufiful !!!! jolies réalisations, bravo... bye