Powered by Blogger.

One-eyed, One-horned Flyin' Purple People Eater

Happy Thursday, everyone! Well, what's left of it, that is. My day didn't go as planned (do they ever? LOL), and so even though I made this card first thing this morning with every intention of immediately blogging it, life got in the way. I had a dentist appointment, then when I got home, my internet connection was dead. By the time I got it working again, the obligatory migraine I get every time I get my teeth cleaned set in. So now, after downing some medicine and hiding under a pillow for a few hours I'm attempting to upload the card. This one is for the new Meet The Verve Divas challenge that started today. This week's hostess is the uber talented Jen del Muro, so be sure to stop by the forum and get to know her.

Her challenge is to use purple on your project. I really like purple in real life, but haven't found a paper crafting purple I can embrace. It seems that the real-life purple I know and love just doesn't translate to paper and ink. And it definitely doesn't photograph well. I had a doozy of a time with the photo. The colors in the photo are all wrong. *sigh* The different shades of purple really do all play very nicely together in real life.

I started with this week's SCS sketch and some papers from the Katlin Crate Paper Collection, but I strayed a tad from the sketch. These are matted with Eggplant Elegance. Next I stamped the flower from Beautiful You in Versafine Imperial Purple ink and colored with Copics. For some reason I felt like doing an out of the box treatment with the flower, so I only trimmed out half the flower and then added some Purple Spica Glitter pen dots for interest. The sentiment is from Anniversary Birds and is stamped directly on the DP. The back layer is Always Amethyst, which was stamped repeatedly with the Beautiful You flower and then colored with Copics. I finished off with some purple bling in each of the corners of the panels, as well as some Stardust Stickles on the flower center.

Okay, back to hiding under a pillow! Catch y'all tomorrow! :)

10 comments

Libby Hickson said...

Well I would love to "embrace" this card, it is absolutely gorgeous!!! But then, I've never met a purple I don't like. :-)

Anonymous said...

Holy moses, the elegance of this card is absolutely eye-popping!! I could stare at this for weeks!

Deborah said...

Sorry you had a rough day! Your card is lovely! Hope tomorrow is filled with joy for you! Deb

Kathy Jones said...

Beautiful card! So sorry you have a migraine, as a sufferer myself, you have my full sympathy.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

GORGEOUS, Julee! I just LOVE the shades of purple!

Dawn Easton said...

Julee, I think your card is beautiful! I understand your frustration with purple though...after last months DD stuff(I had purple). It is hard to photograph too!
Sure hope that this morning, you are feeling much better and headache free!

dpkennedy said...

This is gorgeous here, so I can't only imagine how show stopping it must be irl!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Yikes Julee, how awful when so many yucky things gang up and hit you. I hope you're feeling better soon! Your card is beautiful! Love all the purples and the background is amazing! You rocked the sketch challenge...fabu anniversary card. I wonder who it's going to?

Shannan Teubner said...

Just gorgeous, Julee! Have fun in Vegas...and for goodness sake...get some rest! Hugs, girlie!

NormaJ said...

This is fantastic. I love all the
purple combinations and as you say,
the picture doesn't always speak the truth. But what I see is still
fabulous.