Petals & Mojo

Today's card is another attempt at this week's mojo sketch, only flipped. This one didn't translate to paper as well as I thought it would in my head. Ever have days like that? I think the patterned paper might just be a little overwhelming to cover the whole card. I've been on a kick recently where I haven't been using patterned paper (mainly because it's all packed neatly away in boxes), so maybe I'm just out of practice in the DP department. :)

Anyhow, here's the deets on how it came about... I started by stamping the stem from Petals & Stems in Versafine Onyx black on a Nestabilities rectangle and the stamping the small butterfly beside it. I colored these with Copic markers and then stamped the flower on Pretty in Pink cardstock, cut out and added over the stem with a pop dot. Next I stamped the sentiment from Fluttering By and then added three little black brads to the corner. The background is American Crafts paper cut into strips and matted on a Pretty in Pink card base.

18 comments

  1. Love it! I think I am going to have to break down and order those flowers. I love all the samples. TFS! XO, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colors........ SO PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sigh.......is it Sept 2nd yet??? OOhhh....my stamps are going to get dusty the next couple months, I can already tell.......OH well....I can enjoy all your creations in the meantime!!

    squirrellyshirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is fantastic!! I love that paper! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it Julee! I'm having SO much fun with all my new Verve stamps...I can't seem to put them down! I've got a stack of cards made for my Mom with them. They stamp so nicely and I know she'll adore them as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think it is too busy at all. I love how that turned out. Of course I haven't seen a card of yours that I didn't like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card Jules! The pink and black is such a fabulous color combo!!! And you KNOW I love that sentiment, it's perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card!! Just love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the look of this card. Breaking up the background paper with the added eye appeal of
    the pink cardstock in between is a
    great idea. A very pretty combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heart SWOON!! Love the black/white DP with the pink and butterfly! Elizabeth Bead Diva

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now see, I love them both! But if I had to pick a fav, it might be this one. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the idea of cutting strips of DP and giving it a border of the base paper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do wonderful cards! I love of such kind and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE it!! This card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So elegant!
    I love the pink-black & white..
    pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julee, I double love it!! You see gals, I received this card today!! what a happy mail day it was :) And I think it is lovely on the screen but it is vervalicious IRL! The PP is not overwhelming at all! Thanks soooo much Julee...I am pumped for the release :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.

Back to Top